Nursery Cottage is a smart three bedroom house in the heart of Lapworth village. The home has a great kitchen, a large sitting room and a conservatory, three big bedrooms and two stylish bathrooms. There is also a garage a fabulous courtyard garden and off-street parking.
The cottage is ideal for a wide variety of house hunters - down-sizers will appreciate the quality of the property and the ability to move straight in. First time buyers will love that there are three bedrooms, garden and garage. Families will like the generous sizes of all the rooms, the mod cons like under-floor heating and that there are two bathrooms.
Downstairs is split into a large kitchen with lots of work-surfaces and storage. The window looks out to the front garden and neat hedging. There is a recently modernised cloakroom and a bright hall way for coats and shoes. The main sitting room is big enough for a grand house warming party and cosy enough to flick on the fire and curl up with a movie. The conservatory is currently used as a dining room but it could be another sitting room or a mix of the two.
Being in the middle of Lapworth is great - you can nip across the road to the “pop-shop” for a bottle of wine or to post a parcel. DJ at the Village Shop is always available for a chat and to sell a paper, pint of milk and tin of beans. You can stroll to the train station and whizz off to Birmingham or London. The Boot and The Navigation are within throwing distance and everyone in the village is friendly.
Visit mrandmrsclarke.com for the rest of the details
On the first floor you find two great bedrooms and the main bathroom. The Master Bedroom is at the front of the house and has built in wardrobes and a smart en-suite shower room. The second bedroom is at the rear of the house and is a large enough for any size bed and furniture. The main bathroom is light and bright and has a bath with shower over.
On the second floor is a huge room. It would make a great bedroom, study or playroom. There is maybe an option to split it into two small bedrooms or one bedroom and a small study - just a thought.
At the rear of the house is a large courtyard garden. When the weather is good you can dust off the BBQ and unleash your outdoor chef. For the rest of the year the garden is great to potter in and enjoy a Sunday morning cuppa.
There is also a large garage and parking at the rear of the house.
- Location : The heart of Lapworth
- Property : Smart three bedroom house
- Downstairs : Large kitchen, sitting room, conservatory, cloakroom
- Upstairs : Three huge bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room) and a family bathroom
- Outside : Pretty courtyard garden, garage, off-street parking
Our favourite part
The courtyard garden is gorgeous.
Lapworth has everything a village should have.
Lapworth is a great village tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside. But it's certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 20 minutes away, zipping along to London from Lapworth Station or zooming down the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say "supper's ready". If it is Birmingham you are wanting to get to then Lapworth station runs regular services to all Birmingham stations.
The school is very sought after and mums are queuing up to get the little ones enrolled. After drop off they head to The Virgin Active for some pilates. "There is a great network of people in the village. Lapworth has a really friendly community."
That's the boring stuff done! Did I mention there are three pubs? Mr and Mrs Clarke's favourite is The Boot. "The beer is delicious and the food is wonderful. George, the very handsome Manager recommends the annual bonfire "It's a must see. The teepee in the back garden is great for a fancy party."
Lapworth is surrounded by stunning countryside and some lovely National Trust properties. The cycling around the area is fantastic and with Dynamic Rides, a great cycle shop in Hockley Heath, there is always someone to jump on the saddle with.
"We love Lapworth because it's so friendly. Everyone says hello when you are walking the dogs along the canal and it's just a really pretty and safe place to live" said a well heeled and well dressed gentleman when we last popped into the village for a bottle of wine the pop shop.
You are close to lots of little hubs like Hockley Heath, which has a McLaren garage if you fancy a new car, a great fish and chip shop, a superb Indian restaurant, and a dry cleaners. Henley-in-Arden for great ice cream, Warwick, Solihull, Leamington and Kenilworth. It's a well connected place to live.
Lapworth is located between Warwick and Solihull. It boasts not one but three pubs, a cricket club and a train to London & Birmingham. That must be why Mr Clarke loves it.
- Closest village/town: Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lapworth Stores run by one of the nicest shop keepers you will every meet, DJ.
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth is only fifteen minutes away or Tesco is in Shirey. Hockley Heath has Steve Mills butchers and a few shops for the necessities.
- Pubs: Lots of them. The Boot is superb, The Tom O' The Wood is wonderful & The Navigation does some very good ales and then there is the glam Punch Bowl.
- Walks: Endless walking along the canal or in the countryside.
- Mrs Clarke likes -- The location is perfect. Everyone loves Lapworth and everyone here is lovely
- Mr Clarke thinks -- Three big bedrooms and lots of space downstairs... AND a garage.
- Three words -- Pretty. Lapworth. Home.
- Fitted Kitchen 3.12m(10'3'') max x 2.55m(8'4'') max Affording a range of base and drawer units set under a composite laminate roll top worksurface with an inset 1 stainless steel sink and drainer unit set below a double glazed window to front. Built in Bosch four ring electric hob with cooker hood and lighting over and electric oven and grill below. Complementary wall mounted units with concealed downlighters which incorporates fridge and freezer and slimline dishwasher, built in Bosch washer/dryer, space for small table and chairs and numerous inset downlighters.
- Living Room 4.75m(15'7'') x 4.07m(13'4'') This well proportioned room enjoys a wealth of natural light via the double glazed French doors which lead out to the adjoining conservatory and matching side window, feature fire surround, ample space for seating and free standing furniture, TV and telephone points, large and useful understairs storage cupboard, ceiling light point and access out to
- Conservatory 3.67m(12'0'') x 2.85m(9'4'') This delightful addition to the ground floor accommodation comprises of a brick built base construction with double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations, ample space for dining table and chairs and free standing furniture, underfloor heating, double glazed glass roof over, tiled floor, ceiling light point and double glazed French doors which lead out to the rear courtyard.
- Cloakroom Well appointed suite presented in white comprises low level flush WC, adjacent hand wash basin within contemporary cosmetic surround, heated towel rail, an obscure double glazed window to front, ceiling light point and extractor.
- Bedroom 1 3.47m(11'5'') to wardrobes x 2.74m(9'0'') Affording three double built in full height wardrobes which conceal a wealth of shelving and rail, ample space for double bed and free standing bedroom furniture, natural illumination via a double glazed window to front with wall mounted electric heater below, ceiling light point and door into the
- En-Suite Shower Room Comprises a white three piece suite providing pedestal wash hand basin, adjacent low level flush wc and self contained shower cubicle with Triton T80XR shower fitment over. An obscure double glazed window to front, underfloor heating, electric heated towel rail, wall mounted shaver point, ceiling light point and extractor.
- Bedroom 2 3.19m(10'6'') x 2.74m(9'0'') Double glazed window with pleasant views to rear, ample space for double bed and free standing bedroom furniture, wall mounted electric heater and ceiling light point.
- Family Bathroom A white three piece suite comprises panelled bath to side with optional shower attachment and screen over, adjacent low level flush wc and pedestal wash hand basin, each being set below an obscure double glazed window to rear. Complementary tiling throughout, heated towel rail, wall mounted shaver point, tiled floor, ceiling light point and extractor.
- Bedroom 3 5.87m(19'3'') max x 3.66m(12'0'') max This interestingly shaped room provides a double glazed window to rear with pleasant views and wall mounted electric storage heater below, double built in full height wardrobe with two further useful storage cupboards set within the pitched eaves of the roof, space for double bed and free standing bedroom furniture and ceiling light point.
- Landscaped Rear Courtyard Which leads out via a paved patio area ideal for seating summer furniture which has attractive wood feature and stone chipped covered surround provides an easily maintained garden area. With wood fenced boundaries and gate out to the allocated parking space and single garage.
- Garage Which has metal up and over door to front, ample storage space within the pitched and boarded eaves of the roof, power, lighting and rear water tap and a wood panelled door which leads out to the parking area.
- Services: All mains services with the exception of gas are connected to the property. Heating to the ground floor is underfloor heating with wall mounted electric heaters to the first and second floor. Local Authority: Warwick District Council. Postal Address: The correct postal address of the property is understood to be 2 Nursery Cottages, Old Warwick Road, Lapworth, Solihull, B94 6LX.