Mr Clarke thinks :
This gorgeously laid out home is somewhere where everyone can thrive.
This beautiful home is perfect for families. The inviting feeling you get when you arrive from the Victorian restored doors, original skirting and architraves, continues throughout. Every room is enveloped with warmth. With flowing spaces and pouring light, the outside encourages entertaining whilst the inside hosts intimate spaces.
The layout brings the family together but allows room to live, which we love. Straight ahead, the newly fitted cooking quarters have marble lookalike worktops (you would never know), pretty tiles, shaker style cabinets, and all the modern integrated appliances that make this the heart of the home. There’s space for a large dining table, if it’s a lovely summer’s evening, you can bring your feast outside and enjoy the manageable artificial lawn which is lush all year round.
Back inside, you have two options; the living room or sitting room. Whether you play the piano, are a budding artist or enjoy curling up with a good book; these rooms allow for creative activities as well as chill time. The relaxed vibe in the sitting room with is achieved by the soft green colouring and neutral decor. This is a snug space with a feature Victorian fire surround. The front living room has a large bay window, and the royal blue wall paint paired with the oak fireplace surround are a match made in heaven.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The original Victorian character features are beautiful.
Climb the peaceful staircase to find three spacious double bedrooms. The main bedroom is bright and beautiful. Sink into your king size bed or have your morning coffee, looking out across the many windows, or up at the Victorian ceiling rose. The fitted wardrobes add very handy storage space so this room always feels tidy.
The further bedrooms are perfect for the growing family. There won’t be any arguments as to who gets which room; each one is quiet and allows for individuality and personality to be added. The second bedroom overlooks the garden and has built in wardrobes, while the third bedroom with the bay window could be turned into a home office. The family bathroom is adorned with tiling and hosts a bath with drench shower. After a hard day’s work, we recommend a soak here.
This forward looking home that will make you house proud. There’s something about how it’s been crafted which makes it very special.
- Three words : Undercover. Outdoor. Burner.
Our favourite part
Personality in a place is important, and this home has lots of it.
Leafy suburb of the city
Surrounding this beautiful home is a mixture of prominent architecture, set high up with great views of Gaer Fort, Cardiff Bay and the beautiful Severn estuary. Within a 5-minute walk you have spectacular views across Ridgeway and links to walks towards Fourteen Locks, Allt-yr-ryn nature reserve and Jews Wood (which is just getting an upgrade). On a Summer's day skip to the park with the pooch and visit Belle Vue or Tredegar, or if you're fancying a day trip with the little ones then you're close enough to the motorway so it's no bother at all. You're so close to the local connections that almost anything is possible! On a misty morning we recommend heading to The Cafe at Ridgeway to have a latte and a natter with friends. There is a wealth of toddler groups, clubs, social activities, fitness classes as well as Stow Park tennis club - making this a great place for families.
Nature is all around. This is the ideal place to live a great quality life. We like to get our heart pumping by climbing the hill at the top of Ridgeway and admiring the canal. It's the perfect place to play eye spy and watch barges (don't forget to grab yourself the best bacon sandwich at Fourteen Locks Canal café). There's something for everyone here. For fancy occasions head to Gem42 on the bridge where Anna and Pasquale enthuse guests with their sumptuous Italian fair or pop into the Ridgey and have a chat with Tom. Go on a Tuesday for their infamous steak nights, heaven!! If you're after a celebration gift (for someone special or even yourself!) then pop over to the lovely Machen interiors over in Caerleon - it's a beautiful independent homeware store which we're sure you will love. Walk your kids to exceptional Glasllwch Primary and within 15 minutes have walked to the station and be on train into Cardiff, Bristol or London. If the car is more your mode then the M4 is just 2 mins away where you can be in London in just 2 hours.
Pretty and well connected
- Stores: There's some quirky cafés, bars and restaurants, artisan bakeries and independent stores.
- Supermarket: You've got a choice of all the major supermarkets only a short drive away.
- Pubs: Ridgeway (Hats off to Mr Musto who’s done a cracking job on turning this place to be the place to be).
- Walks: Jews Woods or The Ridgeway is a lovely spot for a dog walk.
- Living Spaces: Two reception rooms. The front living room is a more formal space with a bay large bay window and dual fuel burner. The sitting room in the centre of the home is a cosy area with a feature Victorian fire surround.
- Kitchen Details: Recently installed this year. Integrated microwave and dishwasher. Electric dual oven with 4 ring gas hob. Great cupboard space.
- Original Features: Victorian restored doors throughout with original skirting and architraves.
- Outdoors: The garden with shed is a great entertaining space. Artificial grass for low maintenance. Undercover decked area with burner for space to be used all year round. The undercover area also has built-in electrics and lights.
- Bedrooms: Three bedrooms, two with fitted wardrobes and the third bedroom is great for a study or children’s room.
- Bathroom: Upstairs bathroom with bath and drench shower. Built-in storage under the sink. The downstairs cloakroom is recently installed with built-in storage under the sink.
- Local Authority: Newport City Council.
- Council Tax Band: E.
- Tenure: Freehold.
- Services: Gas central heating. Connected to mains.