Mr Clarke thinks :
Everything is immaculate and the location is ideal.
Situated a short stroll from the centre of Stamford, this handsome three-bedroom Edwardian terraced house has been sensitively refurbished and extended to create a stylish and modern home. The interior incorporates a large family kitchen/dining area, spacious sitting room, a utility room, three bedrooms and possibly the most impressive bathroom we have ever seen. There is a great garden at the back that has been cleverly landscaped to provide a peaceful retreat whatever the season.
From the entrance, the traditional layout of the property has been retained, with the sitting room accessed from the hallway. The double paned sash windows flood this room with natural light and the fireplace warms the toes when kicking back and watching Netflix. There are bespoke cabinets and smart new shutters giving this room the interior magazine vibe. Further along the hallway you can access the dining room, which links to the kitchen and utility room beyond. The dining room hosts a table that can fit eight comfortably (but has seen dinner parties of far more!) French doors lead out to the courtyard.
The extended kitchen has a clean simplicity, with plenty of built-in storage and great views into the garden. We love that there is space for a sofa in here as well as another table or a desk, which makes this a room where you can entertain or have the whole family together but doing their own thing. The large walk in cupboard, utility room and WC provide a practical element to the stylish downstairs.
The garden and courtyard are nicely low maintenance and we think it is perfectly set up for entertaining - sit under the recently installed pergola and soak up the afternoon and evening sun. Double gates lead to an access lane and provides options for off street parking. A great shed and log store are neatly tucked away to hide all the wood and messy bits and bobs.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The bathroom - it is so stylish.
Stairs from the hallway lead up to the landing, where you access three bedrooms and the bathroom. The main bedroom is luxuriously proportioned with space for a vast four poster bed and lots of storage. There is a good-sized second bedroom and a single bedroom, which is ideal as a nursery, home office or dressing room. The stunning new bathroom has a large free standing bath, shower and beautiful tiled flooring with under-floor heating.
This lovely period property has been tastefully decorated with a soft palette of paints from Farrow & Ball. The exposed floor boards and original features add a charm and sense of history.
The house is perfectly located a few minutes’ walk from the bustling centre of Stamford in one direction and the beautiful Burghley House in the other. There are outstanding schools within easy reach and the area is well served by public transport.
- Three words : Stylish. Edwardian. Home.
Our favourite part
We love the large kitchen with effortless access into the garden and lots of space for eating and entertaining.
Local Life in Lovely Stamford
Voted one of the top 5 locations to live in the UK, the Georgian town of Stamford can afford to boast about its beauty and culture. Romantic, historic and incredibly desirable, the town offers so much in the way of heritage and with over 400 Grade I and II listed buildings, character and charm lies round every corner.
Within a short hop and step from each other are an abundance of independent and brand name shops, cool bars, fantastic array of restaurants and funky cafes. You have to check out Shekleton Wines (takeaway or sit in). If you like your tea served in a traditional tea pot with a sweet something on the side then the Crown Hotel is for you - even your well-behaved dog can expect a welcome treat! For those that enjoy a good Sunday roast the Bull & Swan serves delicious roast dinners and their traditional puddings are something to behold - they even have an outdoor cinema in the summer months! The best treat by far to start any celebration is a cocktail at the world-famous George Hotel. Whether you dine in the Garden Room or the main restaurant, the food, service and atmosphere is second to none.
There is the stunningly beautiful Burghley House and estate which holds many annual events such as the Burghley Horse Trials, Game Fair, and the extremely physically challenging “Rat Race”.
There are some fantastic schools for kiddly winks of all ages and private schooling is available in town at the renowned Stamford Endowed Schools.
Commuting couldn’t be easier, it’s a short walk to the towns very traditional Railway Station which provides access to all local and national rail services. London, amazingly is only 55 mins by train and 1 ½ hours in the car (well assuming no roadworks on the way!), the A1 runs just to the west of the town, giving easy access to both north and south.
Stamford is surrounded by some breath-taking countryside and bringing an element of this to your door we have the Stamford Meadows which runs alongside the River Welland to help you blow off the cobwebs or to just enjoy a long Sunday ramble. Rutland Water, Europe's largest man-made lake, is approximately 5 miles from town and offers an exciting day of water sports and facilities including fly-fishing and sailing.
Period charm without the drama
- Closest village/town: Lots and lots of pretty villages surrounding and the market town of Oakham is nearby
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: A plenty – Stamford has many fantastic independent shops mixed with a few high end branded stores
- Supermarket: Waitrose, M&S, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Lidl (or ‘Lidelle’ as us locals call it)
- Pubs: Shekleton Wines for a takeaway bottle. Toby Norris for a great pint, The Wine Bar for fizz and a giggle, Bull & Swan for its Scotch Egg, Paten & Co if you’re feeling trendy – there’s loads to sample.
- Walks: Endless countryside walks.
- Stunning period property a few minutes stroll away to the centre of Stamford. Tastefully decorated in a neutral palate with original wooden floorboards in many of the rooms and a knock out bathroom, kitchen and master bedroom.
- Kitchen -- Integrated appliances include fridge freezer, dishwasher, wine fridge. Freestanding range cooker, separate utility room. Room for small dining table or sofa, currently used for seating area to entertain. Recently decorated with new cabinet frontage. Large walk in storage cupboard.
- Reception rooms -- The dining room fits a table for 8 comfortably. Open fireplace and french patio doors lead out to courtyard terrace. To front of the property is the living room with custom built cabinets, newly installed shutters, original wooden flooring and open working fireplace.
- Bedrooms -- Main bedroom a luxurious size comfortably fitting a super king four poster bed. Original wood flooring, fireplace, double paned sash windows and newly fitted shutters. 2nd bedroom good sized double with painted wood flooring, fireplace, shutters once again. 3rd bedroom perfectly sized for nursery, child’s room or office.
- Bathroom -- One of the best features of the house, redecorated less than year ago, large freestanding bath, separate large shower, beautiful tiled flooring with underfloor heating, 2 double glazed windows with shutters.
- Other rooms -- Utility room and downstairs WC.
- Recently decorated with Farrow & Ball Paints in all rooms.
- Outside -- Low maintenance paved back garden perfectly proportioned for entertaining with recently installed pergola. Double gates also installed leading to access lane providing option for off street parking. Shed and log store also included.
- Tenure -- Freehold.
- Conservation area.
- Services -- All mains services to property.