Mr Clarke thinks :
this is a perfect family home
This stylish and spacious Victorian terrace home is the perfect family home. There are two large reception rooms, a vast kitchen, utility room and bathroom downstairs. Upstairs you find four bedrooms and a family bathroom. There is a double drive at the front and a large, west facing garden at the rear.
The moment you walk into the home you are greeted by a calm feeling created by the beautiful original tiled floor and the light pouring through the stained glass windows into the vast entrance hall. This is a home full of character and space.
It is the size of the house that makes it ideal for a modern family. The mix of large open plan spaces and intimate rooms provide rooms for all occasions. There is flexibility to create more space or to re-configure the current layout.
The kitchen is flooded with natural light and it has space for a large table. The utility room is perfect for laundry, storage or it could be converted into a dining room. There is a pantry, which provides excellent storage and a dishwasher.
The sitting room at the front of the house has a formal vibe - the fireplace, bay window, deep skirting boards, ornate ceiling rose and picture rail hark bak to a Victorian era. The other reception room also has an original fireplace and is currently set up as a dining room, but it could be arranged as a playroom, sitting room or large study.
Mrs Clarke loves :
the vast spaces and the beautiful master bedroom
Upstairs you find four bedrooms and a family bathroom. The Master Bedroom is a stunning space with a large window looking over the garden and a fireplace. There is lots of space for freestanding wardrobes or you could build in bespoke storage. The second bedroom is at the front of the house and is of a similar size to the Master. The third bedroom is a double room, which would be ideal as a child's room or even a guest room. The fourth bedroom is a single room that is perfect as a little one's sleeping space.
The family bathroom has both a shower and a bath and is set up for the morning rush and the evening relax.
There is a large basement to store everything from wine to Christmas decorations. This is a home with space style and purpose.
- Style : A spacious family home oozing with charm
- Highlights : Big kitchen, two recepetion rooms, large garden, four bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Three words : Large. Stylish. Home
Our favourite part
The large rooms and original features.
Solihull is officially the best place to live in the UK.
Is there anything more lovely than strolling through Tudor Grange Park or playing with the dog in Brueton Park, safe in the knowledge that in five minutes you’ll be having a hot chocolate and cakes in one of the country’s leading branches of John Lewis followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square? Of course there isn’t. That’s why Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK.
Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is just what we all really want - Isn't it?
The state and independent schools are great. Ruckleigh School was voted Best Independent Prep School in 2014.
Transport links are superb with the M42 connecting you to London by road, the train zipping you into Birmingham and even an airport.
There are sports clubs, green spaces, countryside day trips and lots more on your doorstep.
If you want to enjoy higher incomes, better employment rates and longer life expectancies, then you better move to Solihull!
- Closest village/town: So many villages, towns and cities within reach.
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Oh we love a bit of John Lewis
- Supermarket: Take your pick
- Pubs: Our favourite local is The Farm
- Walks: Brueton Park is lovely
- Technology -- Broadband: high speed EE fibre. Mobile coverage: excellent – 4G available. Alarm. Smart features: smart meters fitted.
- Vestibule & Entrance Hall -- 26' 9" x 7' 2" (8.15m x 2.18m) Suffolk Lavenham front door leading to vestibule and door opening to the hallway with original tiled flooring coved cornice, central heating radiator, deep skirting boards, stairs off to the first floor, under stairs door with stairs to the cellar.
- Sitting Room 15' 6" (Into Bay) x 13' 8" (Max) (4.72m x 4.17m) -- With double glazed bay window to the front with sash openers, deep skirting boards, original picture rail and ceiling rose, feature fire place surround with cast iron open fire,
- Dining Room -- 13' 7" x 13' 4" (4.14m x 4.06m) With a picture rail, high skirting boards and UPVC double glazed French doors to the rear garden.
- Kitchen -- 28' 8" x 10' 7" / 13' 4" (Max) (8.74m x 3.23m) With extensive storage, wood flooring, double windows, 8 ring gas hob and oven, extractor fan and a door leading to
- Utility Room -- With door leading to garden and a door to Shower Room
- Gallery Landing -- The first floor landing is approached via the stairs leading from the hallway, radiator and large loft hatch with pull-down ladder to access loft space
- Bedroom One -- 13' 4" x 14' 1" (4.06m x 4.29m) Having a UPVC double glazed window to the rear, central heating radiator
- Bedroom Two -- 13' 9" x 13' 4" (4.19m x 4.06m) Having double glazed sash windows to the front and a central heating radiator.
- Bedroom Three -- 11' 5" x 11' 6" (3.48m x 3.51m) Having double glazed window to the rear and a central heating radiator.
- Bedroom Four 8' 8" x 6' 9" (2.64m x 2.06m) Having a double glazed window to the front and a central heating radiator.
- Family Bathroom
- Garden -- Laid to lawn with gated access at the rear. Patio area to the side of the property
- Tenure -- Freehold