Mr Clarke thinks :
This is an idyllic place to call home.
This wonderfully bright seven-bedroom home sits proudly on Risca Road, Rogerstone, and has views of the hills beyond. It was lovingly built by its current owner, the result being a spacious, modern home full of smart technology and creature comforts.
The house is part of an elegant cluster of new homes, with a friendly community spirit, close to urban hubs yet amongst the wonderful countryside.
Upon entry, the house appears to be a normal property. However, closer inspection reveals that the quality of the house and the careful consideration is beyond other local houses - there is under floor heating throughout, Cat-5 home hub for fast connectivity, a cinema and a luxury kitchen. A traditional living room sits off the impressive hall; it has a wood-burning stove and bi-fold doors that open onto the garden and let the light flood effortlessly into the room. Beyond the entrance hall, the house transforms into something entirely modern in its aesthetic.
Mrs Clarke loves :
Everything about this home is immaculate
The kitchen is the beating hub of this home. Natural light floods in through bi-fold doors that lead directly onto the garden. Corian worktops and high gloss grey and white units have been used for the kitchen, adding a glamorous feel. The space also contains a built-in double oven, microwave, and dishwasher, with a large island containing 5 ring induction hob. There's even a separate utility room here.
7 bedrooms are nicely spaced over the first and second floors. Two of the bedrooms have en-suites. The main bathrooms (one on each of the two upper floors) are gorgeous spaces that have been designed by Porcelanosa and include a shower over the bath, an illuminated mirror and Sonos-powered ceiling speakers.
The garden is a good size and laid mostly to lawn. There is a patio area, accessible directly from the dining room and kitchen. There is parking for 5 cars and a great single garage.
- Three words : The. Cinema. Room.
Our favourite part
The kitchen is large enough for the most adventurous home cook.
An upcoming, hip area...
Sitting on the outskirts of Newport, but close by to Bristol and Cardiff, is Rogerstone. Home to the award-winning Welsh brewery Tiny Rebel, which was conjured up by two brothers in their dads garage, this place is forever becoming more exciting.
The area is home to the gorgeous Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal, which is an idyllic place to mooch around on foot or wheels - time stands still and history overwhelms. The locks have been restored and the Café at the visitor centre is a popular point to congregate and natter over a latte (which is actually very nice).
Rogerstone is perfect for families as it's home to a selection of great primary schools. It's not uncommon for people move to the area just for this reason, especially Bassaleg High School. Catchment plays a big role in whether your child can attend the school, and with education being a high priority for many of our buyers. Mount Pleasant Primary is another notable mention, which made the papers in 2014 when Barack Obama famously paid it a visit.
The area has two train stations, Rogerstone and Pye Corner, which both have lines that run to Cardiff.
...well connected to the city!
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: What! for a bargain and to add some greenery into your life.
- Supermarket: Take your pick.
- Pubs: Who needs a pub when you have Tiny Rebel!? Stay Puft is our fave.
- Smart tech - Underfloor heating, smart meters, door bell with video link, cat 5 home hub, sonos sound system
- Kitchen - A range of grey and white high gloss doors. LG Hi Mac, thickend Corian type worktops, built in double oven, microwave, and dishwasher, with a large island containing 5 ring induction hob.
- Living rooms - Large lounge with wood burner. A 6 seater Cinema room with 9.1 surround sound.
- Sleeping spaces - 7 large bedrooms, 2 with en-suites
- Bathroom - Porcelanosa, tiles and China wear. Shower over bath, illuminated mirror and sonus powered ceiling speakers
- Outside - Large rear garden, with lawn and level patio. Large driveway with ample parking for 4/5 cars