Mr Clarke thinks :
This is a magical family home with space and style.
Virtually, Your Home: book a virtual viewing now. Contact Edd for more details.
With unparalleled views across the Warwickshire countryside, this extraordinary house sits on the site of an Edwardian Mansion steeped in history. Rooftops is a modern masterpiece of architecture cut dramatically into the landscape, with private gardens that unfold below.
Rooftops is nestled amongst a collection or wonderful homes in the picturesque Warwickshire village of Moreton Paddox. It is set back from the road creating an intriguing entrance. You enter on the first floor and once inside the dramatic setting and views open up. A vast window at the end of the entrance hall frames the view and hints at the history that came before.
At one side of the first floor is the beating heart of this home - the kitchen / family room. The bespoke luxury kitchen is reminiscent of a stage from where a culinary master-class can be performed whilst hungry guests watch from sofas or the dining table.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The setting is stunning.
At the far end of the room is a balcony from where you can sit and drink in the view at any time of the day or night. On the other side of the entrance hall is a guest suite, a utility area and a discreet door that leads to another balcony area. The thoughtful design of the house considers every aspect of modern living from the mundane to the outrageous. Outside there is parking for a collection of cars and a double car port with annex above. At the back of the house you stand on a wide veranda at the top of the original Edwardian stone steps, which lead to the summer house and outdoor kitchen, lily pond, lawned area and woodland beyond.
The original property, built in 1909 for an American banking family, was replaced in 1970 by a modernist home. The house was carefully re-modernised in 2013 and won several prestigious architecture awards. Internally there is a mix of vast open plan rooms to entertain in mixed with intimate spaces for privacy. The connection to the outside is effortless.
- Three words : A. Modern. Masterpiece.
Our favourite part
Mix of vast open plan entertaining spaces and private intimate areas.
A collection of the finest homes
The hamlet of Moreton Paddox was historically part of a 560 acre estate with beautifully designed gardens paying homage to the Renaissance period. Its prestigious history has paved way to make Moreton Paddox the exclusive cluster of detached residences which lie here today, each with their own opulent private gardens.
Once you and your family are fed up with (if this is even possible!?) watching the deer prance around in your very own woodland, the countryside walks are plentiful.
Nearby you have Moreton Morrell’s Real Tennis club which was founded by the historic owner of the estate, Charles Garland. Played indoors, Real Tennis is one of the pioneering versions of the game we know today, Lawn Tennis.
The villages Moreton Morrell, Wellesbourne and Kineton are only a short drive away and provide Morton Paddox with all of the local amenities you would require.
Surrounded by prime Warwickshire countryside you would not expect transport links to be on your doorstep. However, the M40 enables you to commute to London in 75 minutes, or heading in the opposite direction, you could be watching your favourite comedian perform at Arena Birmingham within 50 minutes.
The local towns of Warwick, Stratford Upon Avon and Royal Leamington Spa are close by, with their rich history, great high street shopping, boutique food & wine stores and restaurants to die for. We highly recommend “Salt” in Stratford, “Micatto” of Warwick or for brunch head over to “Coffee Architects” in Leamington.
The nearest Waitrose is located in Stratford, however if you enjoy using local produce then head over to ‘The Farm’ which includes an award winning butchers, fishmongers, artisan bakery and Mudwalls fresh fruit and Vegetables.
- Closest village/town: Moreton Morrell
- Stores: Lots in nearby Wellesbourne
- Supermarket: Having your favourite food delivered is easy!
- Pubs: The Antelope does a cracking pint
- Walks: Endless countryside walks
- Five bedroom detached residence built to a high specification
- Upper Level - Family room with kitchen, cinema room, control room, utility room, one bedroom and WC.
- Lower Level - Master suite, gymnasium, family bathroom and four further bedrooms with ensuite facilities.
- Gardens - Beautifully landscaped tiered garden with original stone horseshoe staircase leading down to a grotto, ornamental pool, barbecue patio with kitchen and private woodland.
- Driveway - With space for multiple cars, carport with storage behind and first floor storage/office space.
- Technology - Underfloor heating via air source heat pumps and back up LPG system. Solar hot water with mains back up. CCTV and entertainment system controlled via remote.
- Kitchen Appliances - Zip tap, integrated Miele appliances including two double ovens, electric hobs with popup splash back, a steam oven, warming drawers, wine chiller, coffee machine and dishwasher.