Mr Clarke likes :
The spacious interior and the town centre location.
This stunning two bedroom, first floor apartment exudes luxury, style and space. The mix of modern interiors and restored original features create a wonderful home in the heart of Sutton Coldfield.
The Royal Sutton Place was formerly The Royal Hotel and is now a sumptuously restored Grade II listed building in a central spot in Sutton Coldfield. The development has been sympathetically designed to showcase the beauty of the building whilst creating modern homes.
Inside the apartment you are greeted with a sense of light from the generous volume of each room and the vast windows. There are original fireplaces, beautifully decorative architraves and panelling that remind you of past glories. The internal specification is of the highest quality - from the Italian Comprex kitchens with veneered porcelain work surfaces and backsplashes, bespoke cabinetry and soft closing drawer systems.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The modern design and interior design flair.
The bedrooms are flooded with natural light and lots of storage space. The Master bedroom has a fabulous walk-in wardrobe.
There are two bathrooms - an ensuite shower room off the Master bedroom and a large bathroom with bath and shower. The Roca bathrooms boast beautiful porcelain tiles, heated chrome towel rails and sleek design features making them feel like a boutique hotel. Whilst the developers have restored so much of the original property, they have also made sure the homes are built for modern life and that the space provides attractive and useful accommodation for all generations. Little things like USB chargers, stunning lighting and soft luxurious carpets are throughout the apartment. Acoustics have been improved by installing composite floorboards edged on the perimeter with an acoustic flanking board (it may sound technical but it means you cant here noise from above!) Lounges and bedrooms are fitted with Sky+ television, allowing for multiform viewing. There is a large communal garden, full CCTV and a secure video entry system and lift. The apartment has two private parking spaces, which is wonderful for town centre living.
- Three words : Modern. Meets. Historic.
Our favourite part
The stunning mix of original features and modern style.
An outsider maybe forgiven for thinking Sutton Coldfield is part of Birmingham due its 8 miles proximity to the city. But Suttonians are proud of their Royal Borough status and don’t see themselves as part of Brum at all and rightly so. It’s a town made up of several suburbs all with their own identity, making it truly unique.
Each of these distinct suburbs surrounds the heart of Sutton, its magnificent 2400-acre park, providing a wealth of activity for the its neighbours living nearby. Once the old hunting estate of Henry VIII, it’s now home to lakes, a tennis club, restaurants, a boating club, Exmoor ponies and the odd roaming cow or two! It’s special here.
Amongst the woodlands it’s hard to believe you are a few miles from the country’s 2nd city. Being the largest urban park in Europe you can see how it’s a big part of local life. It’s a great place to walk your dog and even when it gets crowded you can quickly bypass the beautiful lakes and find a secluded spot of tranquillity. And the best part is that if you get around your route quickly enough you can grab yourself a flat white at Blackroot Bistro. It’s incredible that all this is just a short stroll form the vibrant town centre full of shops, restaurants and bars.
But this isn’t the only gem on offer in the area. Just a few minutes away from the park gates are the many private roads of the jaw dropping houses that make up the Four Oaks Park Estate. I doubt there’s anywhere else quite like it in the rest of the country.
Sutton Coldfield is an old town which is reflected in the number of traditional period homes it has to offer. It’s an entrepreneurial type of place here, and always has been, with many independent business flourishing over the years. Having a thriving social scene is very much a part of a Suttonians lifestyle – they like to socialise! And with the many bars and restaurants it has to offer it doesn’t disappoint.
It’s clear to see why The Times newspaper in 2015 listed Sutton Coldfield in its top 20 family friendly towns to live in England: 2 grammar schools, 20 minutes to Town by rail (that’s Birmingham for the unenlightened) and within easy reach of the country’s motorway network – what’s not to like! Oh, and let’s not forget there’s been a Waitrose here forever!
It’s not a small place Sutton Coldfield, but it really has its own unique identity and a true sense of community, everybody really does know everyone – it’s all that socialising they do!
The perfect place to live
- Closest village/town: Mere Green
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Everything you could wish for right on your doorstep
- Supermarket: Waitrose of course in Mere Green darling
- Pubs: Enough for one at lunch and two at supper every night of the week
- Walks: The only place to be seen is Sutton Park
- ENTRANCE HALLWAY 12' 4" x 6' 7" (3.76m x 2.01m) A spacious entrance with Karndean flooring, decorative door surrounds leading to the principal accommodation, radiator, tall coved ceilings and doors to:
- OPEN PLAN LOUNGE/ KITCHEN 15' 9" x 19' 11" (4.8m x 6.07m) A superb space for entertaining, the lounge area has a feature fireplace as the focal point, coved ceilings, radiator a window to the side offering elevated views over Sutton Coldfield and is divided by a large central island which opens in to the fitted kitchen. The contemporary Kitchen includes an expensive range of high gloss matching wall and base mounted units with complementing work surfaces over, integrated oven and hob with extractor fan over, integrated dish washer and fridge, integrated washer dryer, sink and drainer unit, Karndean flooring throughout, a walk in bay to the side, radiator and ample space for a dining table and chairs.
- BEDROOM ONE 14' 9" x 10' 5" (4.5m x 3.18m) Plus Dressing area 4ft 10 x 10ft (1.47m x 3.05m) A large master suite with a feature fireplace as the focal point, a walk in dressing area, radiator, coved ceiling, 2 windows to the front and a door to the En Suite shower room.
- EN SUITE SHOWER ROOM A luxury En Suite with a walk in shower cubicle with glass screen, suspended wash hand basin and integrated WC, radiator and window to the front aspect.
- BEDROOM TWO 15' 8" x 9' 8" (4.78m x 2.95m) A double bedroom with a further feature fireplace, window to the side and radiator.
- LUXURY FAMILY BATHROOM To include a matching white suite with panelled bath with shower over and shower screen, suspended wash hand basin with vanity storage beneath, integrated WC and radiator.
- TENURE The Agent understands that the property is leasehold with 146 years remaining.