Mr Clarke thinks :
the location is great - next to the golf club and minutes away from Solihull
Saintbury Drive is a large four bedroom detached house in a quiet spot within minutes of Solihull. This is a stylish, substantial and super home.
Within in a short stroll from Widney Manor Train Station, within the Tudor Grange School catchment area, and on the doorstep of Widney Manor Golf Club and the open countryside you find Saintbury Drive. There is a pleasant rural feel but your flat white fix and retail therapy is within touching distance. Commuters to Birmingham have the train and motorway network close by and you can be whizzing off to London or north on the M42 easily.
There is a vast living room, a lovely big open plan kitchen/dining room, double garage (planning permission granted to extend to the side of the home). Upstairs there are four double bedrooms - the Master has a wonderful en-suite bathroom - and a family bathroom. There is a loft that is ripe for conversion, a gorgeous garden and off-street parking at the front.
Mrs Clarke likes :
the size and the stunning interiors
The large open plan kitchen is a wonderful family space where everyone can be together. There is a fabulous log burner making it an atmospheric place supper. The sitting room also has a log burner, making it the ideal room to retreat to with a glass of wine and a good book.
We love the wood flooring and neutral decoration in all the bedrooms. They are peaceful and tasteful. The bathrooms are pure luxury and we could imagine a long soak in the large tub after a long day.
- Property : Large four bedroom detached house
- Style : Beautifully designed and decorated
- Location : Quiet and peaceful spot within minutes of the action of Solihull
Our favourite part
The size of this house is fabulous.
Solihull is officially the best place to live in the UK.
Is there anything more lovely than strolling through Tudor Grange Park or playing with the dog in Brueton Park, safe in the knowledge that in five minutes you’ll be having a hot chocolate and cakes in one of the country’s leading branches of John Lewis followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square? Of course there isn’t. That’s why Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK.
Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is just what we all really want - Isn't it?
The state and independent schools are great. Ruckleigh School was voted Best Independent Prep School in 2014.
Transport links are superb with the M42 connecting you to London by road, the train zipping you into Birmingham and even an airport.
There are sports clubs, green spaces, countryside day trips and lots more on your doorstep.
If you want to enjoy higher incomes, better employment rates and longer life expectancies, then you better move to Solihull!
- Closest village/town: So many villages, towns and cities within reach.
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Oh we love a bit of John Lewis
- Supermarket: Take your pick
- Pubs: Our favourite local is The Farm
- Walks: Brueton Park is lovely
- Kitchen -- Recently Fitted open plan kitchen, with granite work surfaces, double ovens and stupendous induction hob with a downdraft extractor, this perfect design and space saving will allow you to have interrupted view from the sitting area while cooking dinner.
- Lounge -- Beautiful sizeable lounge with space for several sofas, with an substantial fire place and log burner
- Garden -- Secluded garden with gated side entrance for vehicles.
- First Floor -- four lovely bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom plus family bathroom
- Recent improvements -- New windows, soffits, guttering, New heating system and boiler with TADO system, New bathrooms, New kitchen, CCTV, Alarm, New fencing, Recently decorated
- Technology -- Broadband fibre optic, Mobile coverage 4G, Alarm Full, Smart features TADO
- Planning Permisson -- Full planning consent was granted in 2016 for a two storey extension. This extension will form an additional bedroom, bathroom, living area and to change one garage to a study. (PL/2016/00597/MINFHO)
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Services -- Mains electric, water, gas and sewerage
- Please note that all areas, measurements and distances given in these particulars are approximate and rounded. The text, photographs and floor plans are for general guidance only. Mr & Mrs Clarke ltd. has not tested any services, appliances or specific fittings — prospective purchasers are advised to inspect the property themselves. All fixtures, fittings and furniture not specifically itemised within these particulars are deemed removable by the vendor.