Mr Clarke likes :
The quality of the home is impressive - we can move straight in.
Saintbury Drive provides the modern family with the best of town and country living - the outlook of the home has a bucolic feel yet it is within moments of Widney Manor Train Station and a short drive to Solihull town centre.
The property is a large, five bedroom detached house with cleverly laid out living spaces downstairs and big rooms upstairs. One of the highlights of the house is the vast loft extension, which has a variety of uses. Outside there is a wide driveway with space for several cars. At the rear is a private garden with patio areas and lawns for playing. There is a warm and sociable feel to the home and it will suit a family looking for space, style and a great location to live.
The downstairs of the property is flooded with natural light and has two reception rooms - a large sitting room and a dining room with sliding doors into the garden. These rooms could easily be made into one large room or the dining room could be knocked through into the kitchen and a rear extension added, if you want even more space (we think it is perfect as it is!). The L shaped kitchen has been recently installed and it feels like you have just walked into a kitchen showroom. The high end appliances, stylish cabinetry and work surfaces and the sociable breakfast bar make this into a real family space. There is access from the kitchen into the double garage, which could be converted into living space. There is also a cloakroom with storage and WC.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The space is endless and there is potential to make it even bigger
On the first floor you find a light and wide landing that leads to four double bedrooms and a family bathroom. Everything is immaculate and you can see the quality of the work that the current owners have done. The Master bedroom is huge - there are built-in wardrobes, space for a super king bed and a very stylish shower room. Two of the bedrooms on this floor are double rooms with built-in storage. The other is a double room and currently set up as a big home office. The modern family bathroom has a roll top bath, separate power shower and fitted vanity units and WC.
The spiral staircase takes you into the loft conversion - and what a wonderful space it is. The workmanship is of the highest quality and there are all sorts of uses for this room. It has an en-suite shower room so you could have a big bedroom up here. It could be a playroom, a guest suite, a studio, a music room, cinema room or a library. We think it is one of the finest loft extensions we have seen.
We look forward to showing you around your new home.
- Style : Modern family home with space and style
- Highlights : The loft extension is a great space
- Three words : Large. Stylish. Home
Our favourite part
The loft conversion is exemplary.
Solihull is officially the best place to live in the UK.
Is there anything more lovely than strolling through Tudor Grange Park or playing with the dog in Brueton Park, safe in the knowledge that in five minutes you’ll be having a hot chocolate and cakes in one of the country’s leading branches of John Lewis followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square? Of course there isn’t. That’s why Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK.
Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is just what we all really want - Isn't it?
The state and independent schools are great. Ruckleigh School was voted Best Independent Prep School in 2014.
Transport links are superb with the M42 connecting you to London by road, the train zipping you into Birmingham and even an airport.
There are sports clubs, green spaces, countryside day trips and lots more on your doorstep.
If you want to enjoy higher incomes, better employment rates and longer life expectancies, then you better move to Solihull!
- Closest village/town: So many villages, towns and cities within reach.
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Oh we love a bit of John Lewis
- Supermarket: Take your pick
- Pubs: Our favourite local is The Farm
- Walks: Brueton Park is lovely
- Recently updated -- New kitchen, new window panes at the front, new bathrooms and new decoration
- The kitchen was completely re-designed 2 ½ years ago to incorporate SMEG Induction hob NEFF integrated dish washer SMEG integrated washing machine CDA integrated tumble dryer SIEMEN integrated fridges (x2) SIEMEN integrated freezer SMEG multi-function microwave SMEG warming drawer SMEG pyrolytic ovens (x2) Waste disposal unit
- Large lounge featuring an Inglenook fireplace with wood/coal burning fire
- Master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and fitted ensuite 3 further double bedrooms one of which has fitted wardrobes Loft conversion with fitted wardrobes and ensuite
- Bathrooms -- Modern family bathroom with roll top bath, separate power shower, fitted vanity units and WC. Master bedroom ensuite; power shower, fitted vanity units, WC and electric power shaver socket Loft ensuite; power shower, fitted vanity units and WC
- Other notes -- Smoke alarms re-fitted on each level (June 2018) Cavity wall insulation completed in 2015
- Services -- All mains services
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Please note that all areas, measurements and distances given in these particulars are approximate and rounded. The text, photographs and floor plans are for general guidance only. Mr & Mrs Clarke ltd. has not tested any services, appliances or specific fittings — prospective purchasers are advised to inspect the property themselves. All fixtures, fittings and furniture not specifically itemised within these particulars are deemed removable by the vendor.
- Technology -- Broadband fibre optic, Mobile coverage 4G