Mr Clarke thinks :
The quality of the home is impressive - we can move straight in.
Saintbury Drive is a large four bedroom detached house in a quiet spot within minutes of Solihull. If you like your houses to have style, size and substance then this is the place to call home. Within in a short stroll from Widney Manor Train Station and Tudor Grange School and on the doorstep of Widney Manor Golf Club and the open countryside you find Saintbury Drive. There is a pleasant rural feel but your flat white fix and retail therapy is within touching distance. Commuters to Birmingham have the train and motorway network close by and you can be whizzing off to London or north on the M42 easily.
The best way to describe the property is spacious and stylish. There is a vast living room, a sitting room, a snug/office, lovely kitchen with a conservatory, utility and a cloakroom downstairs. Upstairs there are four double bedrooms - the Master has a wonderful en-suite bathroom - and a family bathroom. There is a loft that is ripe for conversion, a gorgeous garden and off-street parking at the front.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The space is endless and there is potential to make it even bigger.
Let's start our home tour in the kitchen. The current owners have lovingly renovated the kitchen recently and installed bespoke, handmade cabinetry. There is a Brittania range cooker with gas hob and electric oven, a integrated dishwasher and a full length wine rack (our favourite part!) The first thing we noticed about the kitchen is the space and the amount of room for cooking and socialising. Off the kitchen is a conservatory that is perfect for a dining room. The room is framed by the beautifully landscaped garden - on a night each tree is lit, creating a luxury feel.
The main reception room is the living room. There is a gorgeous inglenook fireplace with a log burner and lots of space for seating. Pull the curtains to the bay window, light the fire and curl up with a glass of wine and a movie.A smaller sitting room is at the back of the property and it is ideal as a playroom or a TV room. There are French doors to the patio and lots of space for a gang of little ones.
At the front of the house is another reception room. It is too big to call an office but it not quite a sitting room - we thing snug/study sums it up best.Oak flooring has been laid throughout the downstairs creating a stylish and homely feel.
Upstairs you find three double bedrooms and the Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom. When we say double” we mean double. These bedrooms fit big beds, storage and still have space to live in. Each bedroom has fitted wardrobes and have been beautifully decorated. The Master bedroom is huge and the wet-room bathroom is well thought through and fitted with Porcelanosa tiles.The main bathroom has also been recently re-fitted with a bath, walk-in shower and Porcelenosa tiling. Imagine a five star hotel and you will get the idea of style of this bathroom.
- Added Bonus : The loft extension is a great space.
- Three words : Large. Stylish. Home.
Our favourite part
The loft conversion is exemplary.
Solihull is officially the best place to live in the UK.
Is there anything more lovely than strolling through Tudor Grange Park or playing with the dog in Brueton Park, safe in the knowledge that in five minutes you’ll be having a hot chocolate and cakes in one of the country’s leading branches of John Lewis followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square? Of course there isn’t. That’s why Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK.
Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is just what we all really want - Isn't it?
The state and independent schools are great. Ruckleigh School was voted Best Independent Prep School in 2014.
Transport links are superb with the M42 connecting you to London by road, the train zipping you into Birmingham and even an airport.
There are sports clubs, green spaces, countryside day trips and lots more on your doorstep.
If you want to enjoy higher incomes, better employment rates and longer life expectancies, then you better move to Solihull!
- Closest village/town: So many villages, towns and cities within reach.
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Oh we love a bit of John Lewis.
- Supermarket: Take your pick.
- Pubs: Our favourite local is The Farm.
- Walks: Brueton Park is lovely.
- Recently updated -- New kitchen, new window panes at the front, new bathrooms and new decoration
- The kitchen was completely re-designed 2 ½ years ago to incorporate SMEG Induction hob NEFF integrated dish washer SMEG integrated washing machine CDA integrated tumble dryer SIEMEN integrated fridges (x2) SIEMEN integrated freezer SMEG multi-function microwave SMEG warming drawer SMEG pyrolytic ovens (x2) Waste disposal unit
- Large lounge featuring an Inglenook fireplace with wood/coal burning fire
- Master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and fitted ensuite 3 further double bedrooms one of which has fitted wardrobes Loft conversion with fitted wardrobes and ensuite
- Bathrooms -- Modern family bathroom with roll top bath, separate power shower, fitted vanity units and WC. Master bedroom ensuite; power shower, fitted vanity units, WC and electric power shaver socket Loft ensuite; power shower, fitted vanity units and WC
- Other notes -- Smoke alarms re-fitted on each level (June 2018) Cavity wall insulation completed in 2015
- Services -- All mains services
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Please note that all areas, measurements and distances given in these particulars are approximate and rounded. The text, photographs and floor plans are for general guidance only. Mr & Mrs Clarke ltd. has not tested any services, appliances or specific fittings — prospective purchasers are advised to inspect the property themselves. All fixtures, fittings and furniture not specifically itemised within these particulars are deemed removable by the vendor.
- Technology -- Broadband fibre optic, Mobile coverage 4G