Mr Clarke thinks :
The luxury kitchen is perfect for my mid-week cookery creations.
21a Scotgate is a stylish modern home - thoughtfully created by a local developer to the highest standards. The property is neatly tucked away - behind secure and secretive looking doorway, which is great as it offers higher levels of privacy, peace and tranquillity. You are moments from all that Stamford has to offer.
The property suits the discerning couple or someone who craves a stunning home in the heart of Stamford. This is something a little more special than your typical town house or apartment. It is also ideal as a ‘lock up and leave’ pad for those who travel or a town retreat for those wanting to escape their hectic city life.The property would also be a fantastic upper tier rental property – either AST or a short term Airbnb style let.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The gorgeous living room opening out to a fabulous courtyard.
You enter the property through frost glazed doors, which allows natural light to poor through, to a stunning open plan kitchen and living space with tiled flooring and further frosted glazing to one side. The top spec kitchen is beautiful and features a good range of stylish units with Minerva worktops, Leisure Cuisine master range, integrated appliances. We just love the great island unit with moulded sink and breakfast bar area - you can stand and prepare culinary delights whilst chatting away with guests or watch your favourite box sets on the living room tv. Play around with the zone lighting, light up the freestanding yes its moveable, Bioethanol fireplace and create your own atmosphere to either entertain or simply relax in. Theres also a useful storage cupboard and a cloakroom/wc.
Up the stairs and from the light and airy landing there are two really good sized double bedrooms, one of which has an en-suite with loo and wash basin. Theres a large bathroom which again is stunning and just the kind of bathroom where you can close the door, run a bath and soak away the stresses and strains of the day.
- Three words : Modern. Stylish. Lifestyle.
Our favourite part
This is a seriously stylish town centre home which sits beautifully in the centre of Stamford.
Local Life in Lovely Stamford
Voted one of the top 5 locations to live in the UK, the Georgian town of Stamford can afford to boast about its beauty and culture. Romantic, historic and incredibly desirable, the town offers so much in the way of heritage and with over 400 Grade I and II listed buildings, character and charm lies round every corner.
Within a short hop and step from each other are an abundance of independent and brand name shops, cool bars, fantastic array of restaurants and funky cafes. You have to check out Shekleton Wines (takeaway or sit in). If you like your tea served in a traditional tea pot with a sweet something on the side then the Crown Hotel is for you - even your well-behaved dog can expect a welcome treat! For those that enjoy a good Sunday roast the Bull & Swan serves delicious roast dinners and their traditional puddings are something to behold - they even have an outdoor cinema in the summer months! The best treat by far to start any celebration is a cocktail at the world-famous George Hotel. Whether you dine in the Garden Room or the main restaurant, the food, service and atmosphere is second to none.
There is the stunningly beautiful Burghley House and estate which holds many annual events such as the Burghley Horse Trials, Game Fair, and the extremely physically challenging “Rat Race”.
There are some fantastic schools for kiddly winks of all ages and private schooling is available in town at the renowned Stamford Endowed Schools.
Commuting couldn’t be easier, it’s a short walk to the towns very traditional Railway Station which provides access to all local and national rail services. London, amazingly is only 55 mins by train and 1 ½ hours in the car (well assuming no roadworks on the way!), the A1 runs just to the west of the town, giving easy access to both north and south.
Stamford is surrounded by some breath-taking countryside and bringing an element of this to your door we have the Stamford Meadows which runs alongside the River Welland to help you blow off the cobwebs or to just enjoy a long Sunday ramble. Rutland Water, Europe's largest man-made lake, is approximately 5 miles from town and offers an exciting day of water sports and facilities including fly-fishing and sailing.
Period charm without the drama
- Closest village/town: Lots and lots of pretty villages surrounding and the market town of Oakham is nearby
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: A plenty – Stamford has many fantastic independent shops mixed with a few high end branded stores
- Supermarket: Waitrose, M&S, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Lidl (or ‘Lidelle’ as us locals call it)
- Pubs: Shekleton Wines for a takeaway bottle. Toby Norris for a great pint, The Wine Bar for fizz and a giggle, Bull & Swan for its Scotch Egg, Paten & Co if you’re feeling trendy – there’s loads to sample.
- Walks: Endless countryside walks.
- A super stylish conversion which has been created by a local developer to a standard we rarely come across today.
- Securely tucked away and literally only a few minutes walk from all the amenities that Stamford has to offer
- Very impressive build quality, specification and gadgetry. *Protek 10 year structural warranty*
- A super home for a discerning couple or young family, as a 'lock up and leave' for those who love to travel, a town retreat or even a top tier rental investment
- Stunning 'Symphony' kitchen, large living & dining room opening to a walled courtyard garden, cloakroom, three good sized bedrooms, master en suite, luxurious bathroom. Permit parking close by.
- *Protek 10 year structural warranty*, Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, Heatmiser system - heating throughout can be controlled from your mobile devices!
- ‘Quenchfire’ misting system, Satellite TV copper cabling throughout, Entrance intercom with touch key pad control
- Sensetec hard wired security system, Posi joists, top of the range Gebrit toilet systems, sound proofing throughout, custom Heritage glazing and windows
- Peter Cox 20 year damp proof guarantee, Ideal Logic + system boiler with 7 year guarantee. Permit parking available close by.
- Kitchen: 11'8 x 11'4 (3.59m x 3.47), Living & Dining Space: 16'9 x 16'3 (5.15m x 4.96m), Cloakroom/wc
- 1st Floor Landing: 9 x 7'8 (2.74m x 2.37m), Bedroom 2: 10'5 x 10 (3.20m x 3.04m), Bedroom 3: 12'3 x 6'3 (3.74m x 1.92m), Luxurious Bathroom: 7'7 x 5'4 (2.34m x 1.64m)
- Second Floor Landing, Master Bedroom: 13'7 x 13'3 (4.17m x 4.05m) max, En Suite Shower Room
- EPC C
- Important Notice: 1. No description or information given about the property or its value, whether written or verbal or whether or not in these Particulars (“Information”) may be relied upon as a statement of representation or fact. Mr & Mrs Clarke do not have authority to make any representation and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of Mr & Mrs Clarke or the seller. 2. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only. 3. Any reference to alterations to or use of any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 4. Any buyer must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of any information given. 5. Photographs taken February 2019. Particulars prepared February 2019.