Mr Clarke thinks :
The luxury kitchen is perfect for my mid-week cookery creations.
21B Scotgate is a stylish and spacious home, nestled quietly in the heart of Stamford. Originally part of a pub the property has been cleverly converted into a stunning house.
Accessed via a secure gated entrance and tucked along a private courtyard you feel peaceful - yet you are literally only a few minutes walk from the centre of Stamford.
This property is ideal for the discerning house hunter - a couple looking for a great home or someone wanting peace and quiet but in the thick of the action. It is also ideal as a ‘lock up and leave’ pad for those who love to travel or a town retreat for those wanting to escape their hectic city life. How about as an investment? - for the savvy property investor, 21b Scotgate would be a fantastic upper tier rental property – either AST or shorter term ‘Airbnb’ style lets.
For the details about the rest of the house and why this is a very special home visit our website or call us to arrange a viewing.
Mrs Clarke Loves :
The gorgeous living room opening out to a fabulous courtyard.
You enter the property and are immediately wowed by the stunning kitchen, which flows through to the fabulous living where you find the log burner glowing.
You can sense that this is the place where you’ll enjoy both entertaining and relaxing. The Symphony kitchen with Minerva worktops, a moulded sink, integrated appliances and a Caple oven & Unbuild steam cooker is a clever use of functionality and space and a room for the modern home cook to knock up a week-night culinary masterpiece.
From the kitchen you stroll down a custom made ‘Stamford Stone’ half bull nose style step into a living and dining space that is worthy of the pages of an interior design magazine. The stunning multi fuel log burner is perfect for curling up in front of and there is plenty of room for activities throughout all the seasons. We love that this living space also extends out to a gorgeous walled courtyard garden which is south facing so gets the sun all day (and it's completely private!) Think summer morning; with the large glazed doors swung open; sipping on a freshly brewed coffee surrounded by your favourite potted plants – your own piece of tranquillity. Think warm summer evening; being able to drink and dine inside and outside at the same time, looking a the stars in a beautifully lit area - a really rare luxury for town living which we're sure you'll love.
Plenty of storage, a downstairs cloakroom/wc and now we move up the stairs to the first floor where we’ll find two well balanced double bedrooms and a very stylish bathroom; the kind of bathroom where you can close the door, run a bath and soak away the stresses and strains of the day.
There’s a second floor and this accommodates the large, bright master bedroom with an en suite shower room – the shower is enormous!
- Style : A super stylish home tucked away in Stamford town centre.
- Three words : Modern. Stylish. Lifestyle.
- Highlights : The attention to detail the developer has put into the home.
Our favourite part
This is a seriously stylish town centre home which sits beautifully in the centre of Stamford.
Local Life in Lovely Stamford
Voted one of the top 5 locations to live in the UK, the Georgian town of Stamford can afford to boast about its beauty and culture. Romantic, historic and incredibly desirable, the town offers so much in the way of heritage and with over 400 Grade I and II listed buildings, character and charm lies round every corner.
Within a short hop and step from each other are an abundance of independent and brand name shops, cool bars, fantastic array of restaurants and funky cafes. If you like your tea served in a traditional tea pot with a sweet something on the side then the Crown Hotel is for you - even your well-behaved dog can expect a welcome treat! Whatever your tipple, you can’t beat a pint served at The Toby Norris - with cosy tucked away rooms and homemade pizzas bigger than your table, you will not be disappointed! Now there is nowhere better to enjoy a hub of chatter, laughter, a proper gin and of course fizz than at The Wine Bar..highly recommended! and for those that enjoy a good Sunday roast the Bull & Swan serves delicious roast dinners and their traditional puddings are something to behold - they even have an outdoor cinema in the summer months! The best treat by far to start any celebration is a cocktail at the world-famous George Hotel. Whether you dine in the Garden Room or the main restaurant, the food, service and atmosphere is second to none.
So what else is there? – There are antique shops, a Theatre, Leisure centre and gyms and importantly Waitrose and M&S are here. There is the stunningly beautiful Burghley House and estate which holds many annual events such as the Burghley Horse Trials, Game Fair, and the extremely physically challenging “Rat Race”.
There are some fantastic schools for kiddly winks of all ages and private schooling is available in town at the renowned Stamford Endowed Schools.
Commuting couldn’t be easier, it’s a short walk to the towns very traditional Railway Station which provides access to all local and national rail services. London, amazingly is only 55 mins by train and 1 ½ hours in the car (well assuming no roadworks on the way!), the A1 runs just to the west of the town, giving easy access to both north and south.
Stamford is surrounded by some breath-taking countryside and bringing an element of this to your door we have the Stamford Meadows which runs alongside the River Welland to help you blow off the cobwebs or to just enjoy a long Sunday ramble. Rutland Water, Europe's largest man-made lake, is approximately 5 miles from town and offers an exciting day of water sports and facilities including fly-fishing and sailing.
Period charm without the drama
- Closest village/town: Lots and lots of pretty villages surrounding and the market town of Oakham is nearby
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: A plenty – Stamford has many fantastic independent shops mixed with a few high end branded stores
- Supermarket: Waitrose, M&S, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Lidl (or ‘Lidelle’ as us locals call it)
- Pubs: Toby Norris for a great pint, The Wine Bar for fizz and a giggle, Bull & Swan for its Scotch Egg, Paten & Co if you’re feeling trendy – there’s loads to sample.
- Walks: Endless countryside walks.
- A super stylish conversion which has been created by a local developer to a standard we rarely come across today.
- Securely tucked away and literally only a few minutes walk from all the amenities that Stamford has to offer
- Very impressive build quality, specification and gadgetry. *Protek 10 year structural warranty*
- A super home for a discerning couple or young family, as a 'lock up and leave' for those who love to travel, a town retreat or even a top tier rental investment
- Stunning 'Symphony' kitchen, large living & dining room opening to a walled courtyard garden, cloakroom, three good sized bedrooms, master en suite, luxurious bathroom. Permit parking close by.
- *Protek 10 year structural warranty*, Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, Heatmiser system - heating throughout can be controlled from your mobile devices!
- ‘Quenchfire’ misting system, Satellite TV copper cabling throughout, Entrance intercom with touch key pad control
- Sensetec hard wired security system, Posi joists, top of the range Gebrit toilet systems, sound proofing throughout, custom Heritage glazing and windows
- Peter Cox 20 year damp proof guarantee, Ideal Logic + system boiler with 7 year guarantee. Permit parking available close by.
- Kitchen: 11'8 x 11'4 (3.59m x 3.47), Living & Dining Space: 16'9 x 16'3 (5.15m x 4.96m), Cloakroom/wc
- 1st Floor Landing: 9 x 7'8 (2.74m x 2.37m), Bedroom 2: 10'5 x 10 (3.20m x 3.04m), Bedroom 3: 12'3 x 6'3 (3.74m x 1.92m), Luxurious Bathroom: 7'7 x 5'4 (2.34m x 1.64m)
- Second Floor Landing, Master Bedroom: 13'7 x 13'3 (4.17m x 4.05m) max, En Suite Shower Room
- EPC C
- Important Notice: 1. No description or information given about the property or its value, whether written or verbal or whether or not in these Particulars (“Information”) may be relied upon as a statement of representation or fact. Mr & Mrs Clarke do not have authority to make any representation and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of Mr & Mrs Clarke or the seller. 2. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only. 3. Any reference to alterations to or use of any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 4. Any buyer must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of any information given. 5. Photographs taken February 2019. Particulars prepared February 2019.