Mr Clarke thinks :
The renovations are well thought through and we can move straight in.
Virtually, Your Home: book a virtual viewing now. Contact Ben for more details.
The modern family home has to work hard and also look like a Living Etc photoshoot. We need space, style, storage and south facing garden… this home may just have the four S’s.
This 5 bedroom, detached property has been re-modelled, extended and styled over the last few years to provide a large family home with a large open-plan kitchen with space for adults to entertain and watch over homework, as well as children to play, eat and run in and out of the garden. The entire home has been re-decorated (with gorgeous Farrow and Ball hues of course), a new boiler added, the garden landscaped, new carpets and bathrooms added and walls knocked through to create a mix of large social spaces and intimate rooms to relax.
The kitchen is the highlight for us and we applaud the architect who has remodelled it to deliver a space that not only offers lots of workspace and storage but which maximises the "Golden Triangle" kitchen design principle. This is the type of room that makes you happy, which is good given the amount of time you will spend in there. Every touch point works for the home cook, from the eye height bank of ovens, the easy to use and clean induction hob, the double sink with the view of the garden and the masses of worktop space. The moonstone surfaces catch the light beautifully and the F&B Light Blue walls make the whole space feel light and warm. You will love entertaining in there - it’s done the current owners proud with children’s parties for up to 50 people, family Christmases, dinner parties with friends and the daily family suppers.
There is also a great living room, which is perfect for some adult only time when the kids are in bed. The big bay windows provide lots of natural light and hosts a large Christmas tree each year. Downstairs you also find an office, utility room, cloakroom and garage.
Upstairs you find five bedrooms and a family bathroom. The master bedroom is a light and airy space looking over the garden, which comfortably fits a super king bed and has lots of wardrobe storage. The en-suite has been renovated to include feature tiles and a generous shower. The guest bedroom is of a similar size to the Master and has a large bay window. The third and fourth bedroom comfortably fits a double bed and have fitted storage. The fifth bedroom accommodates a single bed and wardrobe, truly making this a useable fifth bedroom.
We love the large family bathroom and it has been designed to cope with the morning rush as well as being a sanctuary at the end of a long day when all you want is a long soak.
The garden is a real oasis and because it faces to the south you get the best of the light throughout the day and year. A greenhouse has been added, sitting on a concrete slab at the bottom of the garden, with lighting. A shed has been added to the side of the house, in addition to the summer house at the bottom of the garden. The garden is accessed effortlessly from the kitchen making it perfect for family parties, barbecues, as well as relaxing and pottering around the borders.
The home is situated within a 15 minute walk to Solihull town centre, where you can pop into John Lewis or grab a coffee from Joe and the Juice. You are a 7 minute cycle to the station where you can be in Brum within 15 minutes. There is also the fabulous local amenities at Dovehouse Parade. You are also within the catchment area for the most wonderful primary school – Oak Cottage, which has an Ofsted rating of Outstanding in all areas.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The connection to the garden creates the sense of space.
- Three words : The. Modern. House.
Our favourite part
The kitchen is a wonderful family space - it makes us smile.
Solihull is officially the best place to live in the UK.
Is there anything more lovely than strolling through Tudor Grange Park or playing with the dog in Brueton Park, safe in the knowledge that in five minutes you’ll be having a hot chocolate and cakes in one of the country’s leading branches of John Lewis followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square? Of course there isn’t. That’s why Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK.
Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is just what we all really want - Isn't it?
The state and independent schools are great. Ruckleigh School was voted Best Independent Prep School in 2014.
Transport links are superb with the M42 connecting you to London by road, the train zipping you into Birmingham and even an airport.
There are sports clubs, green spaces, countryside day trips and lots more on your doorstep.
If you want to enjoy higher incomes, better employment rates and longer life expectancies, then you better move to Solihull!
- Closest village/town: So many villages, towns and cities within reach.
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Oh we love a bit of John Lewis.
- Supermarket: Take your pick.
- Pubs: Our favourite local is The Farm.
- Walks: Brueton Park is lovely.
- Kitchen -- Schuller kitchen with eye height bank of ovens, the easy to use and clean induction hob, the double sink with the view of the garden and the masses of worktop space. The moonstone surfaces catch the light beautifully and the Farrow and Ball Light Blue walls make the whole space feel both light and warm.
- Recent Improvements -- New carpets in the master and living rooms give a cosy feel, with fitted units in the living room providing lots of storage. The entire house has been redecorated in a Farrow & Ball palette. A new, larger capacity boiler has been installed, together with a new central heating system.
- Bathrooms -- The family bathroom, Master en-suite and cloakroom have all been replaced for a fresh modern look, with high end tiles throughout.
- Broadband -- Virgin Media.
- Garden -- Great front garden and large back garden with space for a climbing frame and garden shed.
- Services -- All mains services are connected to the property.
- Parking -- Plenty of off street parking.
- Tenure -- The property is Freehold with vacant possession upon completion of the purchase.
- Council Tax Band & Local Authority -- F. Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council.
- Alarm -- Yes.