Mr Clarke thinks :
The large rooms, period features and lots of light make this home my kind of place.
This exceptional large, late 19th century house, in one of Newport's most sought after roads, boasts six bedrooms, double garage, stunning period features and a grand sense of style. The refined, spacious property is flooded with natural light and from the vast gardens you can enjoy views across the Bristol Channel.
Accommodation includes six bedrooms, three reception rooms, a stunning kitchen / dining room, and a double garage with home office / playroom above. Many of the rooms are dual aspect, affording them plenty of light. The views of the landscaped gardens can be enjoyed from several of the principal rooms and once outside you can relax amongst mature trees and potter on the lawns and patio areas.
The downstairs of the property is divided into Kitchen, Dining Room, Lounge and Day Room. Standout features of the interior include a gas fired Aga, Chippendale built in units, matching kitchen dresser, wide Bauknecht oven, hob and extractor, Stovax wood burning stove, sash windows and a wealth of original features.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The stylish address and the beautiful views.
The upper two floors are split into six bedrooms. The main bedroom is a large spacious room with semi circular bay with 3 windows offering extensive views to Newport docks, Transporter Bridge and the Bristol Channel. There is a door leading to a large dressing room and en-suite. Bedroom two is a large double bedroom with 2 windows offering the same spectacular views as the main bedroom. The period features include deep moulded coving with picture rail. Bedroom three is another large double with hardwood bay window to the side and original features. There is also a single bedroom on this level as well as a large family bathroom. On the second floor you find two more bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room and the other with a walk-in wardrobe.
Stow Park Circle is a sought-after residential road in a conservation area of Newport with excellent transport and commuter links.
- Three words : Large. Light. Lovely.
Our favourite part
The spacious downstairs.
Local Life in serene Stow Park
The Stow Park area of Newport, is architecturally rich and well connected. On the doorstep is Belle Vue Park, established in Victorian times, the 26 acre park boasts Himalayan Magnolias and branches of the Judas Trees can be seen covered with clusters of rose-lilac flowers at certain times of the year. You can top off that perfect dog walk in the park with a hot comforting beverage from the tea rooms.
A wonderful weekend starts off with a coffee in the uber cool Cafeteria. Followed by a mooch around Cwtsh Gallery before dropping in to one of their events for all the family is a must! After heading to the city centre, pop your feet up, watch your favourite telly program and grab a takeaway from either Bina’s Fish & Chips, or the Handpost Pub (of course it’s a Sunday they do cracking roasts!) and don’t forget the Handpost Tandoori a fave amongst all the city dwellers.
This is a great area for a family, as well as commuters. Asides from being right next to the hospital, the area is served by some cracking primary schools Glasllwch, St Woolos and Clytha and Bassaleg. John Frost comprehensives are not too far away either.
In five mins, outside of rush hour you can be on the M4 within minutes heading off to Cardiff or whisking yourself away to the big smoke. Head northeast and you can be quickly enjoying the countryside on the scenic drive.
One of the loveliest areas in Newport
- Closest village/town: This is the ideal village life!
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: There's a great variety of stores; snacks, barbers, and even a bridal boutique
- Walks: Belle Vue Park is wonderful!
- Large detached 1880’s Victorian villa with 6 bedrooms and double garage in a large plot with extensive views to the Bristol Channel. Easily commutable with excellent access to Newport train station and the M4
- Parking for 5 cars
- Re-wired and re-roofed by the current owners following a back to brick refurbishment.
- Virgin fibre broadband
- New double garage with playroom or home office above and useful storage and summer room below.
- Cellar tanked and lined
- Kitchen - Large light and airy with creme gas fired Aga, Chippendale built in units, matching kitchen dresser, wide Bauknecht oven, hob and extractor, Miele integrated dishwasher, Candy American fridge freezer
- Reception rooms - Dining room- large high ceiling with original cast iron ceiling rose, picture rail, planked floor, bay window with new hardwood double glazed sash windows. Lounge - High ceilings with beautiful bay window including triple sash window/door to garden, views to Bristol Channel. Stovax wood burning stove, deep moulded coving, stained glass bay to side. Day room - 3 full height sash windows giving views to the Bristol Channel. Deep moulded coving with picture rail.
- Bedrooms - Bed 1- large spacious room with semi circular bay with 3 windows offering extensive views to Newport docks, transporter bridge and the Bristol Channel. Door off to dressing room and master en-suite. Bed 2- large double bedroom with 2 windows offering the same views as bed 1. Deep moulded coving with picture rail. Bed 3- Large double with hardwood dg bay window to side, deep moulded coving with picture rail. Bed 4-single bedroom. Bed 5-Attic bedroom with en-suite shower WC, Velux window. Bed 6- Attic bedroom with walk in wardrobe, velux window, door to attic storage
- Bathrooms - Cast iron bath, separate shower, pedestal sink illuminated mirror cabinet over, stained glass bay window to front, adjacent WC room.
- Outside - 2 lawned areas and patio separated by raised planting beds and Astro turf path Double garage with rooms over and under. Tool shed and log store. Parking.
- Tenure - Freehold
- Services - Gas and all mains services