Mr Clarke says :
I can walk to the pub. Sold.
Church House is a large Georgian property of rare intricacy and distinction. There is an exciting opportunity for new owners to create a beautiful family home in a charming village.
The grand entrance hall oozes history. The original stone flooring is covered in soft rugs and as you take your shoes off you can’t wait to walk around. There are ornate touches in every corner, from the wood panelling to the cornicing and old door bell. To the right is a large sitting room, which has hosted many parties. It’s magical looking out to Wootton Hall and the Saxon church of St Peter, famed as being the oldest church in Warwickshire, with a tower dating back to the 900’s. The back window leads onto the cute back garden. We would get some French doors put in to make this stunning room into a garden room.
The most used room in the home is currently the snug, and we can see why. Sitting around the fire, surrounded by book cases you can’t help but relax and engage in conversation. It’s an old fashioned sitting room of the finest order.
Head along the hall, down a few steps and you find another room, currently used as an office. This could be a dining room or you could explore knocking through the wall to make the snug bigger.
Down a few more steps and you come to a large utility with a door leading to the back garden and another door leading into the lovely country style kitchen. As you wander around you can imagine the home filled with children, friends, family and a dog.
Mrs Clarke says :
The home has that lovely warm feeling and sense of character. I love the proportions of the space.
Upstairs is a treasure trove of rooms and space and lots of opportunity. The large landing leads to five bedrooms and three bathrooms. All rooms are spacious, as is typical of homes of the era. The ceilings are high and the windows are large, letting light in. What is surprising is how quiet the home is, considering it is on a road. The windows have been glazed to prevent noise disturbance.
The home is not listed.
The basement could be transformed into a cinema room, playroom or large office.
Outside is a driveway and car port. The back and side gardens are pretty and offer you the chance to grow vegetables or relax around a BBQ. Although not the biggest garden it is low maintenance and could be landscaped to provide a peaceful and tranquil oasis.
The Church House has everything you want from a house; space and charm. It also offers someone a great opportunity to add their personal touch to make it their very own, old but modern home.
- History : A Georgian 5 bedroom property
- The Future : Huge potential to make into a beautiful home
- Downstairs : Three reception rooms, boot room, kitchen and the most inviting entrance hall ever.
Our favourite part
The chocolate box home and the exciting opportunity it offers.
- Upstairs -- Master bedroom with dressing room and en-suite bathroom, two family bathrooms and four further bedrooms.
- Entrance Hall - 5.41m x 2.44m (17'8" x 8'0") - A wide front door opens into the wood panelled hallway, with flag stone floor.
- Dining Area - 4.69m x 4.07m (15'4" x 13'4") - With secondary glazed window and wooden floor
- Sitting Room - 4.7m into bay x 4.47m (15'5" into bay x 14'7") - With bay window overlooking the garden, fireplace, wooden floor.
- Snug - 5.08m x 4.34m max. (16'7" x 14'2" max.) - With wooden floor, secondary glazed window overlooking the front, fireplace.
- Study - 3.73m x 3.70m max. (12'2" x 12'1" max.) - With two windows to the side.
- Coal Storage Area - 2.68m x 3.5m (8'9" x 11'5") and remaining Cellar/Storage Area - 4.2m max (including stairs) x 4.17m (13'9" max)
- Boot Room - 3.42m x 1.93m max. (11'2" x 6'3" max.) - With flagstone floor and wall to floor cupboards, with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Door to rear garden.
- Shower Room - 2.2m x 0.87m (7'2" x 2'10") - With shower cubicle, W.C. and wash hand basin, fully tiled and with underfloor heating.
- Kitchen - 4.09m x 3.59m (13'5" x 11'9") - Flagstone floor, inset LED lights to ceiling, extensive run of marble work surface, base, wall and full height storage units, space for fridge freezer, inset stainless steel sink, integral AEG microwave, corner fitted AEG oven and grill, with large corner fitted stainless steel extractor hood over.
- Master Bedroom - 4.1m x 3.8m (13'5" x 12'5") - With windows overlooking the side and rear of the property and door leading through to Dressing Room - 3.76m x 2.33m (12'4" x 7'7") - With fitted wardrobes and window to the side.
- Four further bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Outside - To the side of the property is a small, walled cottage garden, with a lawned area and well-established shrubs and plants. A pathway leads from here through to the rear garden, again with lawned area, crazy paved sun terrace and with plants, trees and shrubs. Double Car Port And Driveway - Parking for up to four cars
- General Information - Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected to the property. Heating and hot water are provided via the oil-fired boiler located in the boot room. Council Tax: Stratford on Avon District Council - Band G