Mr Clarke thinks :
It's a clever use of space and great craftsmanship.
Virtually, Your Home: book a virtual viewing now. Contact Edd for more details.
This stunning Edwardian home has been remade for the modern family. The clever architect has transformed a small property into a spacious house that is full of light whilst retaining lots of lovely character. There is an effortless flow throughout the home and the mix of stylish design and practical consideration that will please the discerning home hunter. The main living room is a jaw dropping piece of interior design - the focal point is the original fireplace and the open spaces either side to access the kitchen.
This is a perfect example of broken-plan living - the subtle division between kitchen and living room gives all the benefits of open plan design like having all the family together but gives the room distinct uses and creates some privacy. The kids can be watching TV, mum can be working at the breakfast bar and dad can cooking in this one room without feeling like everyone is on top of each other.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The kitchen is stunning and I love the dramatic windows.
We love the design and we think it is the future. The other great aspect of the room is the floor to ceiling crittall windows that frame the patio and large garden.There are two other living rooms - a snug and a front room - so you could have three TVs, which will save arguments on a Saturday night! The other space downstairs is a super useful utility with a shower room to the side of it.
Upstairs there are four great bedrooms and a family bathroom. The Master bedroom is a large double room with storage and space. The other three bedrooms could fit large beds and furniture. The bathroom has a big bath tub and a shower. At the font of the house is a gravel drive for two cars and a small garage.
The property is attached at one side and to the other there is a peaceful allotment, which means you are not overlooked and there is a bucolic atmosphere. The back garden is a very nice surprise - the patio area is off the kitchen. At the back of the house is a long garden with lawned areas and beds to keep keen horticulturalists nice and interested.
- Three words : Old. Meets. New.
Our favourite part
The garden is perfect.
Great community, lots of amenities and cracking pubs
Shirley boasts everything you could possibly want for a place to live. You have a places to buy a pint of milk and pubs to buy a pint of beer. There is a butchers, a bakers and probably a candle stick makers!
Shirley train station can whizz you off to Birmingham in minutes and you have access to lots of transport links.
You are nice and close to Solihull where you can be having a flat white in Joe and The Juice followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square or partying in a bar. That’s why Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK. - Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is what we all really want - Isn't it?
Handy for the train station
- Closest village/town: Dickens Heath, Solihull and Hollywood
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Solihull Retail Park is a destination.
- Supermarket: You have a Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsburys within minutes so you can go where the deals are.
- Pubs: Too many to choose from. You will just have to explore them all
- Walks: Take the dog to Shirley Park for a run.
- Renovations -- 2017-2019 extensive rennovations and extensions throughout. Garden landscaped.
- Kitchen/Living Room -- Bespoke German kitchen and hand painted cupboards with built in high end appliances inc. double oven + microwave, fridge freezer, Quooker boiling tap, induction hob.
- Front room -- Custom cupboards around fireplace, bay window
- Snug -- Useful living space for playroom or study
- Utility room & Shower room -- Fitted 2019
- Outside -- Parking for two cars, patio area, garden lawn and flower beds
- Upstairs -- 4 bedrooms. Master with fitted wardrobes, two new bedrooms added in 2018 and single bedroom.
- Technology -- Superfast Virgin broadband, Sky, excellent mobile coverage
- Tenure -- Freehold. Services -- All mains services connected