Mr Clarke thinks :
The quality of the renovations and the charm of the home make this a great investment.
Behind the pretty front door of number 38 Taylor Road is a gorgeous home, full of character and space. You will want to call it home.
Launch Day 1st April. Book your viewing now.
Taylor Road is a quiet setting moments from the buzzing heart of Kings Heath. The property is a large three double bedroom end of terrace property oozing in style and retaining lots of original features. Downstairs boasts two large reception rooms; the front sitting rooms and a lounge with French doors leading onto a patio and large, landscaped garden. There is a big kitchen/dining room large enough for any top chef. The kitchen has lots of storage and has views across the garden. There is also a study and a WC.
Upstairs you find three fabulous bedrooms. Each are large double rooms, the master being more like a hotel suite and the bathroom is more like a boutique spa. Each room is flooded with natural light from the windows.
What we love about this home is the atmosphere created by the original features. The cornicing and Minton tiled floor in the entrance vestibule with the ornate tiling. The ceiling roses, picture raise, period radiators, stripped back doors, pared back floorboards and fireplaces with tiled hearths. This is a home worthy of an interior design magazine. The current owners have painstakingly refurbished and renovated the house from top to bottom making it perfect for a buyer who just wants to move in, put the kettle on and put their feet up.
If you aren’t the kind of person that wants to sit still, this home also offers some serious potential. There is an opportunity to extend to the side and into the loft and adding a bedroom with wet room (Building regulation approval for the loft conversion was obtained in 2008 but this has now lapsed. Any conversion would be subject to any necessary local authority consents.)
For more details visit mrandmrsclarke.com
Mrs Clarke says :
A beautiful home with space to entertain. I love it.
The back garden is a large and wonderful space for entertaining, playing and gardening. The lawn is ideal for kids, the patio is a quiet spot for enjoying a glass of wine.
There is lots of storage throughout the home and the “garage” at the side has ample room for the modern family.
- Style : Full of character and lots of space.
- Lifestyle : Summer parties in the garden, cosy winters by the fire.
- Three words : Stylish. Period. Property.
Our favourite part
The charm of the house, the size of the property and the beautiful garden.
- The property is set back from the road and approached via brick wall to front with wooden gate leading to graveled front garden and on to open canopy porch with period style front door with stained glass insets.
- Entrance Vestibule | Cornice to ceiling, Minton tiled flooring, ornate period style tiling to one wall to half height, cupboard housing gas meter and half glazed door with stained glass inset
- Entrance Hallway | Cornice to ceiling, ceiling light point and ceiling rose, Minton tiled flooring, decorative dado rail, decorative arch, stairs rising to first floor accommodation, radiator, stripped panel door to under stair storage cupboard and further stripped panel doors.
- Reception Room One | 4.42m into bay x 3.81m ma (14'6' into bay x 12'6' Double glazed bay window to front aspect, cornice to ceiling, ceiling light point and ceiling rose, picture rail, radiator, cast iron fire surround with tiled hearth and living flame coal effect fire inset.
- Reception Room Two | 4.01m x 3.28m ma (13'2' x 10'9' max) | Double glazed French style doors to rear garden, corniced ceiling, ceiling light point and ceiling rose, picture rail, stripped wooden floor boards, radiator, cast iron fire surround with tiled hearth and living flame coal effect fire inset.
- Breakfast Kitchen | 6.15m x 3.61m into bay > 3.02m (20'2' x 11'10' int Double glazed bay window to side aspect, double glazed wood effect French style doors to rear garden, two ceiling light points, slate effect tiled flooring, electric under floor heating and fitted kitchen comprising: A range of rustic style oak wall, drawer and base units with granite effect work surfaces over, brick effect tiled splash backs, inset Belfast sink with wooden drainer and mixer tap over, space for electric oven and plumbing for washing machine.
- Bedroom One 3.73m x 5.16m ma (12'3' x 16'11' max) | Two double glazed windows to front aspect, coving to ceiling, two ceiling light points, picture rail, radiator and ornate decorative cast iron fire surround with tiled hearth.
- Bedroom Two 4.01m x 3.33m ma (13'2' x 10'11' max)| Double glazed window to rear aspect, two ceiling light points, picture rail, radiator, ornate decorative cast iron fire surround with tiled hearth and fitted original style wardrobe to chimney recess.
- Bedroom Three 3.73m max x 3.07m (12'3' max x 10’1’)| Double glazed Oriel window to rear aspect, ceiling light point, radiator and ornate cast iron fire surround with hearth.
- Bathroom | Obscured double glazed window to side aspect, ceiling spot lights, fully tiled to ceiling level, electric under floor heating and having white bathroom suite comprising: Roll top Victorian cast iron effect bath with decorative feet and rain style shower over, wall mounted wash hand basin, low level flush w.C. And wall mounted heated towel rail/shelf.
- South facing garden can be accessed via reception room two leading to side of the property or from the breakfast kitchen leading to decorative paved area with dwarf brick wall leading to lawned area. Borders with a variety of mature trees and shrubs including a selection of fruit trees which we are informed by the vendor include apple, pear, cherry and plum. There is a gate to the side of the property leading to covered side access providing valuable storage space and onward access to front aspect.
- Services | Mains drainage, gas, electricity and water are connected to the property but have not obtained verification of this. Any interested party should obtain verification of this information through their Solicitors or Surveyors before committing to purchase the property.
- Tenure | The property is Freehold. However, we have not checked the legal title to the property and all interested parties should obtain verification through their Solicitor or Surveyor before committing to purchase the property.