Mr Clarke thinks :
The connection to the garden is so nice.
Clever landscaping and glazed extensions have transformed this beautiful property into a magical modern home full of light and space.
Set in a quiet rural enclave of Warwickshire, The Laurels in Moreton Paddox is a luxurious detached property that has flexibility to suit a variety of discerning home hunters. The current owners have invested in creating a beautiful setting with several gardens and a courtyard that are effortlessly connected to the internal living spaces.
The Laurels is accessed along a private road, past a selection of exclusive homes, leading to an archway that was once the gate to the Mansion House.
The vast ground floor has been fully renovated and modernised to provide a mix of open plan living and entertaining areas, and intimate rooms for work, sleep or relaxing.
You enter via a wide porch and come into the light entrance hall that leads to the rest of the home. To the right is a large reception room that opens up to the new bespoke conservatory. In the centre of the ground floor is a stunning open plan kitchen / dining room that is spacious and stylish. The addition of a big utility area provides great storage as well as a room for cleaning and the practical matters of a home. The newly converted room at the front of the property is a flexible space and could be set up as a sitting room, bedroom, study, playroom or a mix. To the left of the ground floor there is a bedroom, bathroom and a large reception room - this wing feels separate to the rest of the house and is ideal as a guest suite, annexe or for children (whatever age).
Mrs Clarke loves :
The quiet setting and gorgeous interiors.
The upper floor has been made into a wonderful main bedroom suite with a vaulted ceiling, lots of storage, beautiful views and an en-suite shower room.
The gardens wrap around the house and they can be enjoyed from every room as well as within them. The courtyard is a wonderful space to take morning coffee, the lawns are great for playing and there are beds that can be tended to and then enjoyed. The garden is very much part of the this home and it feels like several extensions rather than just a garden.
This is a very special property that is waiting for someone new to call it home.
- Three words : Light. Spacious. Stylish.
Our favourite part
The big kitchen is a wonderfully sociable space.
A collection of the finest homes
The hamlet of Moreton Paddox was historically part of a 560 acre estate with beautifully designed gardens paying homage to the Renaissance period. Its prestigious history has paved way to make Moreton Paddox the exclusive cluster of detached residences which lie here today, each with their own opulent private gardens.
Once you and your family are fed up with (if this is even possible!?) watching the deer prance around in your very own woodland, the countryside walks are plentiful.
Nearby you have Moreton Morrell’s Real Tennis club which was founded by the historic owner of the estate, Charles Garland. Played indoors, Real Tennis is one of the pioneering versions of the game we know today, Lawn Tennis.
The villages Moreton Morrell, Wellesbourne and Kineton are only a short drive away and provide Morton Paddox with all of the local amenities you would require.
Surrounded by prime Warwickshire countryside you would not expect transport links to be on your doorstep. However, the M40 enables you to commute to London in 75 minutes, or heading in the opposite direction, you could be watching your favourite comedian perform at Arena Birmingham within 50 minutes.
The local towns of Warwick, Stratford Upon Avon and Royal Leamington Spa are close by, with their rich history, great high street shopping, boutique food & wine stores and restaurants to die for. We highly recommend “Salt” in Stratford, “Micatto” of Warwick or for brunch head over to The Garden Shed in Wellesbourne in Leamington.
The nearest Waitrose is located in Stratford, however if you enjoy using local produce then head over to ‘The Farm’ which includes an award winning butchers, fishmongers, artisan bakery and Mudwalls fresh fruit and Vegetables.
- Closest village/town: Moreton Morrell
- Stores: Lots in nearby Wellesbourne
- Supermarket: Having your favourite food delivered is easy!
- Walks: Endless countryside walks
- Kitchen - A triple aspect room (having dining area, Kitchen and utility area)with a range of bespoke fitted wall and base units in a stylish matt finish with rounded corner units, breakfast bar and full height storage topped with granite worktops with inset twin Belfast sink with granite drainer and mixer tap over. Four door 'Rangemaster' with double oven, warming drawer grill and electric hob over with extractor fan and light above, integrated dishwasher, American fridge/freezer, eye level microwave and wine cooler. The 'utility area' has a further twin Belfast sink with mixer tap over, integrated washing machine and separate tumble dryer.double door opening onto the garden with further door opening from the utility and door to the family room. slate effect tiled flooring, tiled splashbacks, downlights
- Reception Rooms - These are divided up into a dining room with conservatory off that overlooks the front of the property. The dining room has doors that open onto the decked area of the garden. Newly converted sitting room, which now has glazed doors that open to the new seating area with glass balustrade this room also has built in storage and a eco fire. The other living room has doors that also open onto the decked garden area and has 4 skylights and a built in area housing the TV and a eco fire. both the living room and sitting room could be used as a bedroom.
- Bedrooms - Master upstairs, 2 further bedrooms then 2 rooms which could easily be bedrooms
- Bathrooms - Main bathroom has large bath, over head shower with large shower head, sink with vanity unit, under floor heating and towel rail, updated to a high standard, ensuite bathroom in upstairs bedroom tiled to a high standard, large walk in shower, 2 velux windows, double sink vanity unit his and hers. Bathroom in second bedroom Sink with vanity unit, good size shower, tiled in a modern tile.
- Outside - The outside space it divided up into zones, The property is sat back in its plot creating a number of courtyard areas and garden 'zones' to enjoy from a number of the rooms. The main garden area is laid to lawn with established planted borders and a private aspect with a large timber decked area which is immediately accessed from the kitchen and dining room. External lighting is also provided around the property. The courtyard areas are mainly paved with attractive borders and hard landscaped with Cotswold stone chippings. The new paved patio area is accessed of the sitting room/ Bedroom and has a modern glass balustrade. The property is private from the road it has tall bushes and a secure gate, the driveway is lined with pots of bay trees giving it a modern feel and is Cotswold stone.
- Tenure - Freehold
- Mains - Oil fired heating, electric, underfloor heating, all other mains services
- Local Council Authority - Stratford District Council