Mr Clarke thinks :
Currently set up as a one bedroom but it used be two bedroom.
Virtually, Your Home: book a virtual viewing now. Contact Edd for more details.
Nestled in a quiet corner of Meriden, sits this unexpected home. You might be expecting an archetypal plain house, but what you find is a stunning modern home that is immaculately presented, has a lovely courtyard garden and lots of flexible spaces. The size of the property is impressive and we love the natural flow between rooms, the natural light and the peace and quiet. Originally The Malthouse was a two bedroom home - a large downstairs bedroom with en-suite and a Master bedroom upstairs. The current owners preferred big open-plan living spaces and enjoyed entertaining so they removed the downstairs bedroom and made it into a stunning reception room that looked out to the courtyard. The downstairs bedroom could be easily reinstated (but we think it is a gorgeous home exactly how it is).
Mrs Clarke loves :
The cosy living room..
From the moment you step inside you feel at ease - there is a country vibe about the home created by the subtle tones, light filled spaces, cosy log burner and warm atmosphere. The living room is perfect for modern life as there is plenty of space for sofas, chairs, a desk, book shelves and storage. The kitchen is equally impressive. We adore the connection to the courtyard garden and we can imagine summer evenings carrying drinks to friends or reading the paper on a Sunday morning with a cup of tea. The term "flexible" is sometimes an overused phrase to refer to a space that has no distinct use.
The downstairs space is certainly not confused but it is definitely flexible - it could be a dining room, a large study, playroom, bedroom or maybe a library. There are French doors that lead out to the garden and flood the space with light. This is a room with endless possibilities. Upstairs there is a large bedroom with plenty of space for storage. The bathroom has a bath and a shower. We love the feel of this home and we look forward to showing you around.
- Three words : Pretty. Courtyard. Garden.
Our favourite part
The large, country style kitchen.
Cows & Bluebells
They provide milk for our tea, meat for our Sunday roast and epitomise the English countryside. Meriden seems to be almost cow themed - the Bulls Head is even the name of the village pub
Apart from cattle, Meriden is a wonderful village. The pub is fabulous and you will always be greeted with a warm welcome, a roaring fire and fine food and drink. Meriden, claims to be the official centre of England, which means you are within reach of everywhere, particularly Birmingham, Solihull, Knowle & Balsall Common. You are also only 10 km from Birmingham Airport where you can be whizzed off to warmer climes.
The village has everything you want from a village; sports clubs, country walks, a friendly pub, fish and chip shop and a thriving and friendly community. Berryfields Farm Shop is a personal favourite place.
Millisons Wood is a beautiful nature reserve, perfect for family walks or a weekend run. During late April/early May the whole of the area is carpeted with a sea of bluebells. The sight and smell is spectacular. Millisons Wood is a managed area of ancient woodland, with a multitude of plants and abundant birdlife, with plenty of excellent information boards beside the paths to keep you informed. There are areas of deep shade, open glades and coppiced areas, each one supporting varying flora and fauna.
There are some cracking primary and secondary schools in the area. You are connected via plane, train and automobile and can be travelling across the country and the world from your doorstep.
This area offers cows, bluebells and much, much more.
"We love a cow here at Mr and Mrs Clarke. Cattle are our favourite of all the farm yard animals."
- Closest village/town: Meriden, Balsall Common, Berkswell & Maxstoke
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Co-op has everything from milk to the daily paper
- Supermarket: Waitrose is close as well as local options
- Pubs: The Bulls Head is a village cracker
- Walks: The Heart of England Way & Centenary Way go through Meriden
- Lounge -- 15' 6" x 14' 9" (4.72m x 4.50m) Feature brick-built fireplace with raised tiled hearth, solid timber mantle over multi-fuel burner; two wooden double glazed side windows; ceiling height storage cupboard; designer tall wall mounted radiator; downlighters and ceiling light point; three wall light points; solid oak skirting; double oak framed glazed doors.
- Dining Room/second Bedroom -- 11' 9" x 9' 10" ( 3.58m x 3.00m ) Used by current owner as dining room comprising high vaulted ceiling; oak laminate wood style flooring; solid oak skirting; designer wall mounted radiator. Wooden double glazed opening French doors leading out into the courtyard garden with matching double glazed side window.
- Kitchen -- 12' 11" x 11' 2" ( 3.94m x 3.40m ) High vaulted ceiling with two light points; range of matching wall and base units with oak trim housing storage and integrated washer dryer, fridge and freezer; solid oak work surfaces illuminated by concealed lighting with one and a half bowl stainless steel sink and drainer with mixer tap; stainless steel four ring gas hob with stainless steel fronted electric oven below, stainless steel extractor hood over and lighting below; complementary tiling to the splashback areas; wall mounted central heating boiler; solid oak skirting; designer tall wall mounted radiator; wooden double glazed French doors leading into courtyard garden; wood style flooring with ample space for table and chairs.
- Bedroom -- 14' 10" (max) x 11' 7" (max) ( 4.52m (max) x 3.53m (max) ) Double bedroom with wooden double glazed window; designer tall wall mounted radiator; solid oak skirting; ceiling light point; access to boarded loft with light by pull down ladder.
- Bathroom -- White suite comprising: Corner bath with taps and wall mounted electric shower over; pedestal wash handbasin with taps over; low level wc; heated towel rail; extractor fan; shaver point; part tiling to walls; oak skirting boards.
- Parking -- The property has off road parking.
- Garden -- Landscaped courtyard garden.
- Position -- No onward chain.