Mr Clarke thinks :
The garden is a great place for relaxing
Guide price £700-725k - Originally the much-loved village bakery; this delightful home is steeped in history. It impressively still retains part of the proving oven, as well as exposed timbers nearly everywhere you look! The current homeowners have admirably repaired and lovingly modernised the house throughout, which lead to Period Homes and Interiors requesting to feature this wonderful home in their magazine. There’s curiosities in every room; from the four bedrooms through to the three reception rooms, the character of this house is second to none. This is a home you can create life long memories in.
Open the magnificent oak front door and step into the welcoming quarry-tiled entrance lobby. Pop your shoes off and head through to the dining room. Here there is a beautiful feature cast iron fireplace, Karndean floor and exposed beams. Through here leads to the kitchen/breakfast room. There are lots of Corion worktops, storage and space to cook or stand and watch the chef prepare a feast over the five hob Rangemaster Toledo. Next is the sitting room which is a lovely semi-open plan space with lots of original features beautifully in tact: exposed beams, open fire with Ingelnook surround, as well as the original proving oven of the bakery. Step up to the cosy snug which is ideal to get stuck into a book, or catch up on your series on a rainy evening. If it’s sunny you can throw open the French doors and head out to the patio and decking area to dine al fresco. Back inside there’s a spacious inner lobby with a cloakroom and steps down to the lower ground utility room - handy!
Upstairs you find four spacious bedrooms over two floors. The master bedrooms benefits from fitted wardrobes so storing lots of clothes and shoes is not a problem! There’s also an admirable en-suite shower room. There is a further double bedroom as well as the family bathroom. On the top floor, there are two warm double bedrooms, one which is open to the eaves with exposed timber framing and beams - which we love!
Mrs Clarke likes :
The abundance of character features
Alongside the home is a driveway which provides easily parks 2-3 cars in front of the garage (which has an up and over door and side door). The main 80ft garden to the rear is peaceful and easy to maintain. With a paved patio, decking area and steps up to flower bordered lawn, fencing, hedging and a stone wall at the end…this generous outside space is perfect for summer bbq’s and Sunday morning cups of tea and papers. There is also a wooden greenhouse for those of you who are avid gardeners.
We look forward to showing you around this home - it’s a true gem and we’re sure you’ll enjoy calling it home.
- Style : A picture perfect period home
- Setting : Village vibes in Cowden
- Three words : Rural. Character. History.
Our favourite part
A beautiful period family home in a fantastic village location.
Well connected & friendly
Cowden is renowned for its sense of community, with active societies and clubs, village events such as the annual fete and its own monthly community newsletter, Cowden Matters. Most importantly, Cowden enjoys the benefits of its own railway station with regular links into London Bridge for those who commute.
We love enjoying a refreshing beverage at The Fountain Inn in the centre of the village plus there are allotments, playing fields, sports clubs and a children's playground which all contribute to a thriving village for all ages.
There is a good selection of primary schools in Hartfield, Chiddingstone, Hever and Withyham. For secondary schools you'll be spoilt for choice in Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
Buzzing place to call home
- Closest village/town: Edenbridge
- Post Office: 1
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Edenbridge
- Pubs: A cheeky pint at The Fountain is our fav
- Walks: Endless countryside walks with the dog
- 80ft garden
- Design Features -- Lovely flooring, original features with a great balance of modernisation
- Kitchen Details -- Integrated dishwasher, Whirlpool fridge/freezer, five hob Rangemaster Toledo with double oven a grill and extractor hood over
- Living Spaces -- Characterful mix of open and intimate spaces, perfect for all the family and guests to enjoy
- Sleeping Spaces -- There are 4 excellent sized bedrooms, all comfy and relaxing
- Bathroom -- The family bathroom is a great size and is finishes to an excellent standard
- West Facing Garden -- You're surrounded by greenery and flowers, so this is a perfect spot to sit back and relax in the fresh air
- Parking -- Off street parking for two-three cars
- Location -- 1 mile to Cowden station
- Floor Area -- 2,200 sqft of accommodation
- Tenure -- Freehold