Mr Clarke thinks :
The quality of the house is exceptional. The new garden room allows me to work at home and have some peace and quiet to watch the football.
Nestled along a quiet lane in the heart of the pretty village of Snitterfield, The Retreat is a charming home that has been beautifully renovated and modernised.
The cottage has been lovingly updated over the last few years to create a spacious and stylish two (and a half) bedroom home whilst keeping a cottage feel full of character. Downstairs there is a wide entrance hall leading to a large and light sitting room with a roaring log burner. The new, open plan kitchen/diner has stable doors taking you outside to the pretty cottage garden with a stunning garden room, which looks out to uninterrupted country views. Upstairs you discover two double bedrooms and a small room, which would be perfect as a dressing room, study or nursery. The newly installed bathroom is larger than you expect and you will be delighted to find a free standing bath tub and huge walk-in shower. There is parking and a neat front lawn. What more could you possibly want?
The home may sound perfect but what about the area? Well, Snitterfield is your quintessential English village. In the summer the streets are adorned with bunting left over from a street party, the sound of leather on willow is mixed with chatter spilling out of the pub garden and children playing on the Green. There are endless walks and the community has a friendly feel. But don’t worry about feeling isolated in the countryside; your are minutes away from Stratford-upon-Avon, a quick drive to the M40 where you can whizz off too London or Brum and you are close to Warwick, Leamington and the Cotswolds.
A kitchen is the hub of every discerning home and this kitchen is a case in point. The light and airy space has been created by subtly dividing the kitchen into a cooking space and eating area. This creates a sociable kitchen where a cook can knock up a culinary masterpiece while the rest of the family can watch at the table. There is a NEFF induction hob and a slide and hide self cleaning oven. The stable door and windows, looking out to the garden, let lots of light in and give easy access to the outside.
The sitting room is large enough for an impromptu party yet cosy enough for when you want to light the log burner and curl up in front of the TV.
There is lots of storage downstairs and plenty of space for a busy household. The real difference about this house to your normal renovated cottage is the brand new garden room. It is neatly tucked at the bottom of the large garden and provides a fantastic space for an office, gym or TV room. The bespoke wooden structure has electricity and is insulated for the depths of winter. There is a Smeg, wall mounted fire and a wide window, which looks out to a beautiful countryside vista. You can imagine walking down here, with a cup of tea and working from home. The large bifold doors and newly laid patio create the perfect spot to sit on a summer evening.
For the details about the rest of the house and why this is a very special home visit mrandmrsclarke.com or call us to arrange a viewing.
Mrs Clarke says :
The Retreat has been completely renovated to create a lovely and spacious home. The kitchen has lots of high spec appliances and the French doors leading to the cottage style garden are a treat
Climb the staircase to discover the surprising space upstairs. The master-bedroom has a gorgeous outlook, lots of period features and a tranquil atmosphere. The second bedroom is a good double or it could easily house bunk beds for the kids or grandchildren.
Is it a third bedroom, a box room, a study or an office? We are loathed to call it a third bedroom unless it is a nursery, but you will be delighted to have the extra space.
You may be expecting a small bathroom. Well, you will be pleasantly surprised to find a very large space with walk in shower, freestanding tub, WC and sink. It is a wonderful bathroom for busy mid-week mornings, relaxing bathing or baby bath time.
At the front of the cottage there is a parking space with a path leading to a neat little front garden where logs can be stored and a shed erected.
- Style : Country cottage
- Lifestyle : Idyllic village life
- Three words : Modern. Country. Cottage.
Our favourite part
The Retreat is idyllic. It’s all old on the outside but shiny and new inside. I adore the kitchen. My very own piece of country life.
- A fully refurbished two (and a half) bedroom semi-detached cottage in the heart of Snitterfield.
- The Retreat comprises; entrance hall with stairs rising to the first floor, sitting room with fireplace, open plan kitchen/dining room, two bedrooms plus a third bedroom/study and a large bathroom.
- Outside is a front garden with parking for one car. The east facing back garden is a lawned private garden measuring approximatley 80' (24.38m) with patio and a new garden room.
- Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Room - 21'1" x 9' (6.43m x 2.74m) inc. NEFF induction hob, slide and hide self-cleaning over and combi-microwave / oven, Brita filter tap, Bosch Fridge Freezer 70/30, Bosch Dishwasher and Luxury Vinyl Tiles.
- Sitting Room - 18'7" (5.66m) max x 12'9" (3.89m) reducing to 9'5" (2.87m) with wood flooring, log burner and exposed brick chimney, beams and double glazed windows.
- Master Bedroom Suite - 11'8" x 9'5" (3.56m x 2.87m) with room for double bed and storage. There are two double glazed windows to the front, loft access and lovely beams.
- Bedroom Two - 11'10" x 8'11" (3.6m x 2.72m) with double glazed, multi paned window to the rear, feature beams, loft access and radiator.
- “Bedroom” Three - 8'11" x 8'8" (2.72m x 2.64m) - this would make a great nursery, study or dressing room.
- Bathroom with freestanding tub, walk in shower. Newly installed.
- Services -- All mains services are believed to be connected to the property including gas.
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Broadband -- Superfast available in the village
- Local authority -- Stratford-upon-Avon. Council Tax Band C
- Postcode --CV37 0JG