Mr Clarke thinks :
The Architect has carefully considered modern living to create a stunning design.
These charming stables and farm buildings, once part of a working farm, forms part of a pretty cluster of buildings on the edge of Wythall Village and Hollywood. The Stables offers a rare and exciting opportunity to purchase a plot and buildings with planning permission for conversion into a three-bedroom, 3,250 sq ft (approx.) residence nestled in the idyllic Worcestershire countryside.
West Midlands-based Progression Architects have overseen the plans for the scheme which sees the conversion of the stables and the creation of a contemporary single-storey, modern residence. The resulting house will make the best of sweeping views across neighbouring fields, with an open-plan living space and large bedrooms that re-imagine the agricultural space as an elegant contemporary home.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The setting is idyllic. You are nestled in beautiful countryside amongst a collection of luxury residential homes that have been reimagined from humble agricultural beginnings.
The Stables is approached along a quiet country road that leads to a former farm, which is now a collection of luxury residences including a stunning farmhouse and two converted barns. Planning has been granted for a detached residence with driveway and wrap around gardens. Arranged in an L-shape layout the main building will house impressive living spaces and spacious sleeping areas.
Internally there is an impressive kitchen/living room with glass doors looking out across fields. Three bedrooms each with an en-suite bathroom, a snug, laundry and boot room complete the home.
- Style : Charming former stables
- Opportunity : Planning permission has been granted to convert the farm buildings into a stunning home.
- Three words : A. Wonderful. Opportunity.
Our favourite part
A wonderful opportunity to build your own house in the countryside.
Life Around Holly Tree Farm
Beautiful Countryside and close to Birmingham
To the immediate west and south there is open countryside and agricultural land. The site itself is situated on the western fringe of Hollywood, with established urban development under 100 meters to the east. The Birmingham City boundary and Maypole Shopping Centre lie within one mile to the north. The Solihull boundary lies to the east, with ease of access to Dickens Heath some two miles away and the large commercial centre of Shirley a further one mile to the east. The site is within Green Belt. Holly Tree Farm no longer operates as an agricultural enterprise. Holly Tree Farm is now a private residential dwelling.
The proximity to the urban hubs of Solihull and Birmingham, as well as the motorway, rail and air transport links make Wythall a great place to live. Coupled with the beautiful countryside and the pretty villages around Wythall, Holly Tree Farm has the best of both worlds.
Hollywood in The West Midlands
- Closest village/town: Tanworth in Arden, Earlswood and Hockley Heath
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Beckett's Farm has a great farm shop
- Supermarket: Sainsburys in Hollywood
- Pubs: The Horse & Jockey and The White Swan
- Walks: Endless countryside walking
- Viewing Event -- Saturday 7th December.
- Architect -- PAL + PTL
- Planning reference -- No: 19/00043/FUL Received: Wed 24 Jul 2019 | Validated: Wed 24 Jul 2019 | Status: Application Granted
- PROPOSED MATERIALS-- To new main building Roof, to be profiled metal sheeting, with timber boarding and profile metal sheeting to walls. Retained building to have Roof, reclaimed clay tiles, and retaining reclaimed brickwork to walls.
- Existing volume and area calculations -- TOTAL v = 604.06m3 a = 206.39m2
- PROPOSED volume and area calculations -- TOTAL v = 505.12m3 a = 189.00m2 (98.94m3 less) (17.39m2 less)
- The land, existing buildings and planning permission are being sold - not the completed property.
- Postcode -- B47 5BU