Mr Clarke thinks :
A large studio and a private garden are on the top of my wish list now. Victoria Rise has both.
This beautifully presented two-bedroom garden apartment on the edge of Clapham Old Town is a home for our time; spacious & modern interior, large private garden and an architect designed studio for home working.
As our priorities have changed, and our way of life has shifted over the last few months, our sense of home has become heightened. Our requirements for outdoor space, home working set ups and a feeling safety have become non-negotiable. This elegant garden apartment on Victoria Rise in Clapham Old Town is a precious commodity in the home market. Allow us to explain...
Location has always been paramount when looking for a home. Victoria Rise is a charming tree-lined street with a friendly community and a village vibe. The charming architecture, proximity to Clapham Common and the trappings of Clapham and London make this a wonderful setting for a variety of discerning Londoners.
The garden at Victoria Rise is 84' long and has been cleverly landscaped to provide space for different aspects of life. The pergola covered patio connects to the home through French doors creating an effortless relationship between the inside and outside. The current owners spend time drinking coffee and reading here throughout the year and watching their children play on the lawn. Beyond the pretty borders and grass area is a bespoke, architect designed studio (234 sq ft). Behind the studio is a secluded and sunny seating area with a shed and space to grown vegetables, store bikes and hide garden tools.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The understated palette of white and grey that seamlessly blends with the bucolic colours of the garden. We can move straight in.
Having your own front door, no communal spaces and a private garden means you have a sanctuary in south-west London. You can spend time with friends and family in an oasis of calm and enjoy the peace of your own outside space, yet be within a short stroll to the buzz of Clapham.
Internally the home is immaculate and spacious. The open-plan living/dining room is the centre of activity and the French doors frame the garden beautifully and flood the room with natural light. The recently fitted kitchen is well equipped and the large window, again, looks out to the garden. The connection of these two spaces allows you to be together in the home without being crowded.
The large Master bedroom has lots of built in storage and new doubled glazed sash windows with plantation shutters. The second bedroom fits a double bed but could be used as a guest bedroom with sofa bed to allow a second home office or a second sitting room.
The bathroom is more like a spacious with a Japanese square bath with shower above, boutique tiling and natural light.
- Location : Pretty tree-lined street in Clapham Old Town
- Style : The property has been recently re-decorated throughout and the garden landscaped. Everything is stylish!
- Highlights : WFH studio. Private Garden. Turn Key Ready.
- Three words : A. Timely. Home.
Our favourite part
The garden. It's huge and private and pretty. What more could we want in Clapham?
Clapham Old Town
Not all common
Tucked behind the busy streets of Clapham you find an oasis of calm, pretty homes and lovely people - welcome to Clapham Old Town.
As you wander along the tree-lined side streets and take in the stunning architecture you feel you have been taken back in time to a quieter era. Locals smile when you walk past, people chat to each other outside the butchers (M Moen is amazing!) and there is gentle hum of people eating brunch outside pretty cafes.
The Common is a hive of activity as well as a peaceful green space.
Mrs Clarke met with a good friend for brunch at Minnow to get the low-down of what's hot around here. "We love the Saturday market on Venn Street, lunch here or at The Dairy and make sure you book in advance to secure a table at Trinity."
Whilst Mrs C was eating avo on sourdough, Mr C was meeting pals at The Sun for a cheeky pint and reminiscing about their Inferno days!
Local life around the village
- Stores: Wandsworth Oasis Charity Shop – An *amazing* charity shop just by The Sun pub in the Old Town square. Divided into four rooms and two floors, there’s so much to choose from clothes to DVD:s, books & locally made art.
- Supermarket: We prefer the Venn Street Market
- Pubs: The Sun, Rose and Crown the the Prince of Wales... one after each other.
- Walks: Stroll around the Common watching people and soaking up the sun.
- SOUTH WEST FACING WITH GARDEN (25.6 X 7.0M - 350 SQ FT)- PAGOLA AREA TO SIT UNDER WITH GRAPE VINE & AT REAR OF GARDEN OFFICE IS A LARGE SHED AND A SUNNY PRIVATE SEATING AREA
- STUDIO / HOME OFFICE - ALARMED W/PLANNING PERMISSION. (Approx gross internal area 234 Sq.Ft. / 21.7 Sq. M.)
- PRIVATE ENTRANCE AND FRONT DOOR - PRIVATE ACCESS TO THE GARDEN VIA SIDE ENTRANCE
- LEASEHOLD - NO SERVICE CHARGE | £200 PER ANNUM BUILDINGS INSURANCE | LEASE EXPIRES 2176
- OPEN PLAN LIVING AND DINING ROOM [6.5m x 3.4m (21’2” x 11’)] OPENS ONTO THE GARDEN
- KITCHEN [2.1m x 2.0m (6’10” x 6’5”)] WITH LARGE WINDOW OVERLOOKING THE GARDEN
- LARGE MASTER BEDROOM [5.2m x 4.0m (16’11” x 13’)] WITH BUILT IN CUPBOARDS
- SECOND BEDROOM [3.1m x 2.0m (10’3” x 6’6”)] FITS A DOUBLE BED
- JAPANESE SQUARE BATH
- NEW DOUBLE GLAZED SASH WINDOWS THROUGHOUT PROPERTY
- PLANTATION SHUTTERS
- PROPERTY RECENTLY REDECORATED THROUGH OUT
- GOOD STORAGE THROUGHOUT