Mr Clarke thinks :
The cottage has a great vibe - and I love being walking distance to the pub.
Occupying a quiet position in a pretty Warwickshire village, this home is a beautifully designed four - bedroom home and stunning country garden. A sensitive remodelling has opened the house to create a series of free-flowing living spaces, incorporating a modern interior that artfully retains the character inherent in the building. The beautiful walled garden with large garden room was inspired by Tuscan gardens, and there is a magical atmosphere as you look out across neighbouring fields.
The cottage is set back from a quiet country lane and accessed via a gate. Open the front door and you are introduced to the home. You can look through into the beautifully bright open-plan kitchen, dining and living room. The layout of the space has been well-considered, with cooking, entertaining and family life in mind. Wide preparation areas span one side of the kitchen area and there is space for a large table and a sofa. Minimal-framed sliding doors span the length of the back of the house, allowing light to flood through and frame the delightful view.
The house offers great flexibility to the seasons, opening onto the terrace and garden in warmer months and transforming into a cosy retreat in the winter, with an inglenook fireplace in the sitting room. Neutral colours create a calm aesthetic, with ceiling beams looking back in time and underfloor heating running underfoot. As well as being stylish, the cottage is practical for the rigours of modern life - a study provides space for home working and can be used as a guest bedroom, there is an internal garage, a utility and a shower room, as well as lots of storage space.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The kitchen. It's stunning.
Careful interior planning optimises the free-flowing space upstairs; a generously proportioned landing separates three bedrooms and family bathroom. Each of the rooms are wonderfully characterful and nicely arranged. The brand new high quality engineered oak wooden floor is laid perfectly throughout downstairs. And upstairs has been lovingly decorated too.
The rear walled garden, orientated towards the afternoon sun and the bucolic views. The landscaping emulates a tuscan garden with areas for relaxing, gardening and playing. The glazed garden room once housed a swimming pool but offers exciting potential for a self-contained annexe, studio or workshop. Beds offer provision for growing herbs and vegetables as well as cut flowers and shrubs. Beyond the bordering brick wall, the house looks out over open fields.
Offchurch is known as a friendly village with a welcoming community spirit. The Stag is a popular local pub and there is a thriving village hall.
Offchurch lies 3 miles east of Leamington Spa. The train station at Leamington provides direct and regular services to London Marylebone in around one hour and 20 minutes.
- Three words : Modern. Country. Living.
Our favourite part
The gorgeous garden.
Great pub and great community
If it is village life that you want but you also need to be close to an urban hub to grab a flat white then Offchurch will suit you perfectly. The village is picture postcard stuff, it is like living in the movie The Holiday - you can play Jude Law or Kate Winslett. The homes are all gorgeous, the locals are friendly and all like like extras from The Holiday! There is lots of Barbour, every other car is a Land Rover and you are always greeted with a warm smile when out walking the dog. This is village life.
But what about that flat white! Do not fear. Leamington is only three miles away and there are plenty of great cafes to get your caffeine fix.
The Stag is the local boozer. It is the perfect blend of local drinkers and visiting foodies. The bar staff are all charming and after a few weeks your "usual" will be waiting for you on that 7.30pm "oh I'm just popping out with the dog darling"!
You are connected to London via the train station in Leamington or the M40, Birmingham Airport is not far, neither is the M1. So we think you are pretty well served from transport links.
Local schools, both private and state, are great, there are lots of clubs for kids to join locally and sports team for all ages to join.
A village with personality and charm
- Stores: Leamington is a shoppers paradise.
- Supermarket: All the biggies are close, bit everyone gets deliveries around here.
- Pubs: The Stag is the dream.
- Walks: Endless countryside walks along the canal
- Downstairs - Through the front door into the cosy sitting room with exposed beams and inglenook fireplace, through to the Large open plan modern kitchen, dining family room with large doors bringing the outside in. Downstairs is also a modern utility room, shower room and bedroom/study and access to the garage space.
- Upstairs - Main bedroom to the front where you can see the sun setting over the fields, large bedroom, single bedroom with views over the fields at the back and modern family shower room.
- Outside - Large patio to sit in the summer or at the top of the garden, which is a cosy area with fire pit with a glass window to see into the fields.
- Kitchen - Modern wooden units, double belfast sink with instant hot water tap, integrated wine cooler, Pantry cupboard with electric for coffee machine, Quartz worktops, underfloor heating
- Lounge with exposed beams and inglenook fireplace
- Bedrooms - 2 doubles and a single upstairs and a guest bedroom/study downstairs
- Bathrooms - Downstairs modern newly fitted shower room, with large shower. Upstairs shower room
- Gated driveway with space for 2 cars, also 2 parking spaces in front of gates. Paved low maintenance front garden
- Smart tech - Nest 3 zones, underfloor heating
- Services - Gas, Electric and water