Mr Clarke thinks :
The quality of the home is exceptional. Everything is immaculate.
This a truly modern approach to a traditional Victorian terraced house. The mix of original features, open plan rooms and stunning interior design has created a great home. Located on a quiet residential street close to the riverfront and moments from the City centre, this three bedroom modern house will delight the most discerning of home hunters.
Downstairs there is a modern kitchen that has space for you to congregate with friends and a fab utility space that houses the washing machine. The living room is a large space with some wonderful original features that leads onto a dining room and the garden beyond. This fabulous space is great for entertaining and being with family, but there is enough space for you to be doing your own thing. The ground floor is flooded by natural light, which creates a calm atmosphere.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The stunning open plan kitchen / living room.
Upstairs you'll find three double bedrooms and a bathroom with a shower as an extra. The attic has also been refurbished and is the perfect place for your Peloton bike.
The garden is a sun trap in the spring and summer and has been landscaped to make it low maintenance.
- Three words : Modern. Victorian. Home
By the River Usk
The friendly hustle and bustle...
You have the best of both worlds…Friars walk shopping centre is on your doorstep which hosts a gym, Cineworld, all the restaurants you could dream of, as well as a museum! The variety of architecture is inspiring; you can’t miss the uber cool university building.
Watching the water flow through town day and night is definitely one of our favourite past times. Golden hour never looked so pretty. In the day, you can watch all the comings and goings of wildlife and people. Amongst the riverside cafes and restaurants you’ll come across Jack in Quarters Coffee who serves a wicked one whatever the weather. Mr Clarke’s favourite is The Pod for one of their speciality gins. Be sure to say hi to Oli & Paul who are the lovely owners.
On the other side of you, you have Belle Vue park where you can grab a picnic and catch up with pals on the lush lawns. If you’re into rugby or football, then you’ll be pleased to know that Rodney Parade isn’t that far away. Sometimes if the winds blowing in the right direction, you can hear the cheers of the crowds.
You are super connected here. You're a stones throw away from the M4. Newport train station is a few minutes away, so you can be well on your way to a further afield adventure in no time. Other things that are nice to know are nearby; the hospital, car parks for when visitors come to stay, passport office for when you want to jet off, and all the major supermarket brands. If you have little ones, Maindee Primary School is a great choice.
...and good time vibes!
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: All the specialist shops you may need are on your doorstep. Even a big B&Q. Easy peasy!
- Supermarket: Morrisons.
- Pubs: The Potters offer a beaut rooftop garden.
- Walks: Endless river walks in every direction.
- The house has been recently decorated throughout in neutral colours, meaning it is ready to move straight into. There is a huge amount of space for a house of this type with large rooms and high ceilings.
- Original - Victorian tiles and large sash windows
- Modern - Completely renovated with luxury touches throughout
- Kitchen - Modern kitchen with a large amount of storage space.Built oven and gas hob. Separate utility space for washer and dryer.
- Reception rooms - Open planned living/dining room. Living room - new carpets, built in storage with power points. Large bay window allowing a lot of natural light. Dining room - tiled flooring. Large open space with patio doors opening into the garden.
- Bedrooms - 3 double sized rooms. Master - extremely spacious with high ceilings. Two large windows allowing natural light throughout the day. Sun rises this side of the house 2nd - large double bedroom with built in storage 3rd - large bedroom at the back with large window.
- Bathroom - Newly fitted shower. Bath Built in cupboard for gas combi boiler
- Other rooms - Large converted attic - currently used as an exercise space.
- Garden Low maintenance, decked garden. Sun trap all day. Perfect for a summers day in the sun