Mr Clarke thinks :
The cottage is ready to move straight into and is in wonderful condition.
Occupying a quiet position on the edge of Wellesbourne, Walton Way Cottage is a beautifully designed family home. Once a game keepers cottage, this property has undergone a sensitive and stylish remodelling to create a series of free-flowing spaces. Outside looks like a pretty cottage - inside feels like the pages of an interior design magazine.
The design incorporates a modern interior that artfully retains the character of the building. The house is surrounded by pretty gardens making this a stunning home in a stunning setting.
The layout of the space has been well-considered during the recent renovations, with cooking, entertaining and family life in mind. The kitchen has wide preparation areas and a sociable breakfast bar. The French doors, that look out into the garden, allow light to flood through the dining area.
The cottage offers great flexibility to the seasons, bi-fold doors opening from the garden room onto the terrace and garden in warmer months - and transforming into a cosy refuge in the winter, with a stunning dual aspect log-burning stove in the sitting room. Neutral colours create a calm aesthetic, with River White granite work surfaces in the kitchen, natural woods throughout the downstairs and a mix of travertine limestone floor and luxurious carpet running underfoot.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The bucolic setting and gorgeous interiors.
Careful interior planning optimises the space upstairs - a generously proportioned landing separates the four bedrooms and family bathroom. Each of the rooms are wonderfully spacious to ensure children, guests and the homeowners are happy. The beautifully light main bedroom with bespoke cabinetry, an en-suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe is more like a hotel suite than a normal bedroom.
The rear and side gardens, capture the sun throughout the day and are havens of herbaceous borders, lawns and patio areas.
As well as being incredibly stylish, the cottage is set up with practicality in mind. There is a utility room with access into the garden, a wide entrance hall with access into the garage, a downstairs cloakroom, lots of storage and a second garage.
- Original Features : Originally a gamekeepers cottage, the front of the cottage still retains its original character.
- Design : Sympathetic architect led renovation in keeping with the area and the home itself.
- Three words : Luxury. Light. Location.
Wellesbourne is a village with everything - two pubs, cricket club and a great school.
Wellesbourne is a great village tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside just outside of Stratford. But it's certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 30 minutes away, zipping along to London from down the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say "supper's ready" or in Leamington or Warwick in minutes.
If it is countryside you are wanting then The Cotswolds is on your doorstep - you are within thirty minutes of Soho Farmhouse and Daylesford.
The local school is fab and highly regarded. You are super close to Warwick Prep, The Croft, Warwick and Kings High if you want a private option.
There is a great network of people in the village. Wellesbourne has a really friendly community.
Wellesbourne is surrounded by stunning countryside and you can be wandering gardens at Compton Verney or Charlecote or cycling along the country lanes to Loxley and Stratford.
"We love Wellesbourne because it's so friendly. Everyone says hello when you are walking the dogs and it's just a really pretty and safe place to live" said a well heeled and well dressed gentleman when we last popped into the village for a pint at The Stags Head.
...What more do you need?
- Closest village/town: Stratford upon Avon, Loxley, Barford
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Hunscote Farm Shop is fabulous.
- Supermarket: There is a Sainsbury's in the village.
- Pubs: Two heads - The Stags and The Kings. We love the thatched roof of the Stags head and the olde world vibe, warm welcome and good beer.
- Walks: Endless countryside walks in every direction.
- Internal Area: Approx 2000 sq ft.
- External: Two garages, private driveway with extensive parking.
- Kitchen: bespoke KBR Design with River White granite worktops, travertine limestone floors and modern appliances.
- Cloakroom: Porcelanosa sanitary ware.
- Downstairs snug: bespoke cabinetry and flexibility to work from home.
- Eco credentials: bespoke double glazing.
- Services: mains water, electricity and drainage are connected. Gas fired central heating.
- Tenure: Freehold.
- Local Authority: Stratford on Avon District Council.
- SAT NAV Postcode: CV35 9RB.