Mr Clarke thinks :
We can move straight in and just pop the kettle on.
This former Doctors’ house and surgery has been been cleverly and beautifully developed to create a stunning home that makes you feel better. The house is packed with lots of lovely period features, lots of space and light all with a modern style that is worth of the pages of Living Etc magazine.
Location wise Warwick Road is perfectly placed to enjoy Solihull and has transport links that can be whizzing you into Birmingham via the train, London via the train or road and further afield via air. There are endless local amenities from cafes and shops to leisure facilities and sports clubs close by. Being across the road from Wedges Bakery and Connelly’s Wine Shop means you don’t have to venture far for the essentials.
From the front, this period residence has something special about it. There is a real sense of grandeur. The new Cotswolds stone drive, the sash windows and the newly rendered walls create a beautiful exterior. But head inside to see the really interesting bits.
From the moment you walk in you can see that no expense has been spared on the renovations - the walls are adorned with subtle Farrow & Ball hues, the craftsmanship on the carpentry and flooring are exemplary and the attention to detail is impressive. The effort that has gone into the renovation creates a light filled, spacious downstairs with a mix of charm and style.
The luxury, open-plan kitchen is the highlight for us. The vast space is perfect for the whole family to be together on an evening or at the weekend. The state of the art Wi-Fi connected appliances & induction hob, bespoke wall-to-wall pocket door storage and wood flooring have been installed to provide the hardest working families with a stylish and practical kitchen.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The open-plan kitchen and the log burner in the living room.
Head through the wide entrance hall and past the study and you come to a huge living room with an orangery faring the lovely garden. This room is flooded with natural light but on an evening you can draw the curtains, light the log burner ad curl up with a movie.
The downstairs is every discerning house hunters area - a mix of large open-plan spaces and intimate rooms, all styled to an instagram standard but with the practical considerations of Grand Designs.
Upstairs the style and functional theme continues. There are 4 good-size double bedrooms, two bathrooms and lots of space.
The Master bedroom boast an en-suite shower room and Sharps bespoke wardrobes along one of the walls. The new double glazed windows looking out to the garden make the sleeping spaces quiet enough for even the lightest sleepers.
The loft has been fully converted to create a new bedroom, the bathroom is more like a luxury spa and the other two bedrooms are big spaces for teenagers.
At the front if the house there is parking for several cars. The back garden is a tranquil space with a large lawn, space for sheds and a wonderful patio are that connects effortlessly to the kitchen and Orangery.
- Style : A stylish and functional home that will appeal to the discerning house hunter.
- Highlights : The modern, luxury interiors and exemplary renovations.
- Three words : From. Our. Dreams.
Our favourite part
The kitchen is from our dreams.
Solihull is officially the best place to live in the UK.
Is there anything more lovely than strolling through Tudor Grange Park or playing with the dog in Brueton Park, safe in the knowledge that in five minutes you’ll be having a hot chocolate and cakes in one of the country’s leading branches of John Lewis followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square? Of course there isn’t. That’s why Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK.
Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is just what we all really want - Isn't it?
The state and independent schools are great. Ruckleigh School was voted Best Independent Prep School in 2014.
Transport links are superb with the M42 connecting you to London by road, the train zipping you into Birmingham and even an airport.
There are sports clubs, green spaces, countryside day trips and lots more on your doorstep.
If you want to enjoy higher incomes, better employment rates and longer life expectancies, then you better move to Solihull!
- Closest village/town: So many villages, towns and cities within reach.
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Oh we love a bit of John Lewis
- Supermarket: Take your pick
- Pubs: Our favourite local is The Farm
- Walks: Brueton Park is lovely
- Three favourite elements -- 1. Beautifully decorated while maintaining original character 2. Open plan kitchen/dining room with high-quality modern finish 3. Living room with orangery and log burner – light and airy in the summer yet cosy and warm in the winder
- What's new -- Loft extension. New double-glazing windows throughout. New kitchen. Local, handmade shutters on front-of-house windows. Sharpes bespoke wardrobes in the bedroom. Completely re-decorated.
- Kitchen -- Brand new kitchen/dining room, state of the art Wi-Fi connected appliances & induction hob. Bespoke wall-to-wall pocket door storage providing additional surfaces and drawer space. Including new wood flooring that matches the original flooring in the rest of the house.
- Living Room -- Double space room with hardwood floors throughout living room and orangery Log burner in living room with specifically chosen solid wood mantel
- Upstairs -- Four bedrooms, two bathrooms
- Technology -- Fibre Broadband (BT and Virgin available) Mobile coverage (all networks) Smart heating (Nest) Smart security (Ring camera, front and rear) Smart Door bell (Ring) Wi-Fi enabled dishwasher Wi-Fi enabled Oven x 2 Underfloor heating in main bathroom
- Garden -- South westerly with mature trees, which provide privacy and shade in the right places. Perfect for entertaining, playing, gardening (sleeper raised beds for veggies) and beautiful borders.
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Services -- All mains services including water, electricity and sewerage.
- Sat nav -- B92 7AF