Mr Clarke thinks :
We can move straight in and just pop the kettle on.
A former doctor house, Warwick Road is a home that makes you feel better. Now it's a large home with lots of lovely period features, lots of space and lots of potential.
We all know that location is everything and 296a Warwick Road is perfectly placed to enjoy Solihull. There are endless local amenities from cafes and shops to leisure facilities and sports clubs close by. You are within walking distance of two railway stations where you can be whizzing off to Birmingham or London. But why would you want to leave Solihull?
From the front, this period residence has something special about it. There is a real sense of grandeur. The new Cotswolds stone drive, the sash windows and the newly rendered walls all add to make it a beautiful exterior.
There is a big reception hall to drop off your briefcase and hang up your coat. To the left is a dining room that can easily sit the whole family on a Sunday. The high ceilings in this room and throughout the house give a real sense of space.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The open-plan kitchen and the log burner in the living room is something of dreams.
Through to the hub of the home you will be delighted to see that there are French Doors leading to the gorgeous landscaped garden. There is a great breakfast bar to comfortably sit four people and lots of storage. The units are sleek and the black granite worktops set the kitchen off beautifully.
The other side of the entrance hall is a reception room leading to study. These are great spaces and could be used for a variety of things. We think that originally it will have been the doctor waiting room and office.
Then there is the lounge and what a wonderful lounge this is! The long and large room looks onto the new orangery. We can imagine that when the fire is roaring and all your friends and family are around, it will be a magical space.
The downstairs has a grand style and a lovely sense of space. Upstairs there are three bedrooms and a loft room that is currently used as a bedroom. Planning permission has been granted to extend the loft room and make it into two bedrooms. This would make this house into a five bedroom home and we think it would add a lot of value. The three bedrooms on the first floor are all a great size and fit double beds and storage. The main bathroom is lovely and has underfloor heating. There is a second shower room. The back garden is nicely shielded by trees with a sunny aspect, patio and lawned area. There is a large shed. The garden is particularly quiet.
- Style : A stylish and functional home that will appeal to the discerning house hunter.
- Highlights : The modern, luxury interiors and exemplary renovations.
- Three words : Modern. Family. Vibes.
Our favourite part
We love the orangery. It's a room for every season. With the dark nights approaching this would be the perfect room for snuggling up with a book while the fire is roaring. In the summer you could open the doors and enjoy the peace and quiet and fresh air.
Solihull is officially the best place to live in the UK.
Is there anything more lovely than strolling through Tudor Grange Park or playing with the dog in Brueton Park, safe in the knowledge that in five minutes you’ll be having a hot chocolate and cakes in one of the country’s leading branches of John Lewis followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square? Of course there isn’t. That’s why Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK.
Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is just what we all really want - Isn't it?
The state and independent schools are great. Ruckleigh School was voted Best Independent Prep School in 2014.
Transport links are superb with the M42 connecting you to London by road, the train zipping you into Birmingham and even an airport.
There are sports clubs, green spaces, countryside day trips and lots more on your doorstep.
If you want to enjoy higher incomes, better employment rates and longer life expectancies, then you better move to Solihull!
- Closest village/town: So many villages, towns and cities within reach.
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Oh we love a bit of John Lewis.
- Supermarket: Take your pick.
- Pubs: Our favourite local is The Farm.
- Walks: Brueton Park is lovely.
- Three favourite elements -- 1. Beautifully decorated while maintaining original character 2. Open plan kitchen/dining room with high-quality modern finish 3. Living room with orangery and log burner – light and airy in the summer yet cosy and warm in the winder
- What's new -- Loft extension. New double-glazing windows throughout. New kitchen. Local, handmade shutters on front-of-house windows. Sharpes bespoke wardrobes in the bedroom. Completely re-decorated.
- Kitchen -- Brand new kitchen/dining room, state of the art Wi-Fi connected appliances & induction hob. Bespoke wall-to-wall pocket door storage providing additional surfaces and drawer space. Including new wood flooring that matches the original flooring in the rest of the house.
- Living Room -- Double space room with hardwood floors throughout living room and orangery Log burner in living room with specifically chosen solid wood mantel
- Upstairs -- Four bedrooms, two bathrooms
- Technology -- Fibre Broadband (BT and Virgin available) Mobile coverage (all networks) Smart heating (Nest) Smart security (Ring camera, front and rear) Smart Door bell (Ring) Wi-Fi enabled dishwasher Wi-Fi enabled Oven x 2 Underfloor heating in main bathroom
- Garden -- South westerly with mature trees, which provide privacy and shade in the right places. Perfect for entertaining, playing, gardening (sleeper raised beds for veggies) and beautiful borders.
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Services -- All mains services including water, electricity and sewerage.
- Sat nav -- B92 7AF