Mr Clarke says :
No expense has been spared on the family home! The attention to detail and the quality of the property is sublime
Moments from Dorridge Station, Westfield Close is a quiet tree-lined cul-de-sac. In the middle of the Close sits this seriously stylish property. The house boasts six bedrooms, five bathrooms, luxury kitchen, four reception rooms and a stunning garden with a garden room that houses an outdoor kitchen and a hot tub. The property has been refurbished to exceptional standards and discerning house hunters will appreciate the space, lifestyle and location.
Drive through the centre of Dorridge, past the Station and Sainsburys and you come to Westfield Close. Park the car on the wide driveway and come in through the spacious porch. When you walk into the entrance hall you instantly appreciate the space and the beautiful interior. From the luxury flooring to the state of the art light switches, no expense has been spared in the renovation. To your right is a large sitting room that would be ideal as a TV room, playroom or a formal lounge. The double doors on the left open out into the vast living room that looks out to the dining room and the garden beyond. There is also a big study and a home gym on this side of the house.
The highlight of the home is undoubtedly the kitchen. This is a kitchen from the pages of an interior design magazine - the centre is a huge island where the action takes place. People congregate around it to chat, kids sit at it to eat breakfast and mum and dad cook up culinary masterpieces. There are endless work surfaces around two sides of the kitchen, floor to ceiling cupboards and full width trifold doors that frame the garden. This kitchen is pure luxury.
Modern families require storage and extra space for modern life. This property has a garage that can be accessed off the utility room. There are lots of cupboards and a downstairs cloakroom and WC.
The garden has been landscaped to include two areas - off the kitchen is a wide patio area that connects the inside and outside so food can be delivered to the table and kids can run in and out on warm summer days. Up some steps there is a lawned area with a "pool house" style room that has a hot tub and an outdoor kitchen as well as storage, a big "man shed" and porch. The luxury interior continues into the garden.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The gorgeous kitchen and the beautiful bathrooms
Head up the bespoke staircase to the first floor where you find three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, a small bedroom that is currently set up as a dressing room, and a stunning family bathroom. The bedrooms are all incredibly spacious and flooded with natural light. The bathrooms are more like five star hotel spas than your normal wash rooms. Whether a morning refreshing shower or an long soak in the bath on an evening these bathrooms are simply divine.
On the top floor you find two further bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room, off a large landing that is great for storage. This floor would be ideal as a guest wing or for teenagers who want their own space.
- Location : The heart of Dorridge
- Style : Pure luxury
- Lifestyle : Perfect for sociable families
Our favourite part
The kitchen is magical.
Luxury Living with everything on your doorstep
Dorridge is a lovely leafy suburb renowned for its luxurious housing and great rail connections. The schools are tip top and seriously sought after with a good selection of both private and state options. In the village centre you’ll find everything from a butchers, bakers and there is probably even a candle stick maker!
You are spoilt for choice of where to meet for coffee. One day it is Espresso where they chat about schools on the vintage leather armchairs. Another day it's going out for something a bit more special (it's all about cocktails) at Oktogon in Knowle. If pints are more your thing, then head to The Ale Rooms on the way home from work, or a sunny afternoon. Families fight for the best table at The Bread Collection in Knowle for some of the best pizza this side of Italy.
David Lloyd in Solihull is excellent for swimming lessons or Earlswood for riding lessons.
Pop on the Barbour jacket and Hunter wellies and head to nearby Lapworth for a countryside walk to help you blow out the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble.
Mr Clarke loves the fact that he can grab his favourite flat white and a pain au chocolate right on the platform at the station before boarding the 06:56 to London.
Dorridge is possibly the best connected place in the UK. As well as the railway station, you are minutes from the Midlands Motorway Network with the M42 having links to the M1, M5, M6 and the M40. Mrs C loves that Birmingham Airport is just 16 minutes by car and Solihull is a mere 10 minute drive.
Tree lined avenues, well connected and a super friendly community. What more could you want?
- Closest village/town: Knowle, Lapworth and Rowington
- Post Office: 1
- Supermarket: Sainsbury’s with its super easy parking and you’re just 5 miles from Waitrose in Solihull darling
- Pubs: It's all about cocktails at Oktagon in Knowle is something a bit special or if it is real ale you are after head to The Ale Rooms in Knowle.
- Walks: Dorridge Park, Dorridge Wood Nature Reserve or if you fancy stretching a little further Packwood House or Blythe Valley Nature Reserve.
- Kitchen -- Miele Generation 5000 Coffee Machine Miele generation 5000 Single Oven Miele generation 5000 Combination Steam Oven Miele generation 5000 Combination Oven Miele generation 5000 warning drawer Miele Dual Zone Built In Wine Cooler - 60cm Miele Generation 5000 Dishwasher Dornbracht Meta. 02 Hot & Cold Water Dispenser Miele Induction Hob Unique Lightline system - 4 colour Controlled Lightline System Gutman Futura Downdraft Extractor Speckva Solid Wood Breakfast Bar Quartz Floor Tiles Water Underfloor Heating system Miele Built in Fridge freezers including Automatic Ice Maker
- Garden -- Two tiered garden with patio area, lawn and pool house with hot tub and outdoor kitchen
- Reception Rooms -- Formal sitting room, living room, garden room with lounge and dining area
- Additional rooms downstairs -- Home Gym, Study, Utility Room with Gaggenau 200 Series Single Oven Gaggenau Vario Gas Cooktop Miele Fridge Miele 45cm slimline dishwasher, Garage & Cloakroom
- First Floor -- Three big bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms plus a smaller bedroom/dressing room
- Family Bathroom -- Alape Folio Basin & Vanity Unit + Mirror Dornbracht Smart Tools & Brassware in special finish platinum MATT Tylo Steam Cubicle Burgbad Crono Freestanding Bath Toto SG Washlet
- Second Floor -- Two bedrooms and a bathroom
- Technology -- Most rooms have wall switches to control floor and table lamps (like in hotels) All rooms have 4 hardwire network points 16 TV points through the house. State of the art heating system All ground floor plus a few upstairs radiators are Branded Designer Radiators (Bisque & Vougue) All bathrooms have Underfloor heating. Garden Room/Conservatory has Air-conditioning
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Services -- Mains electric, water, gas and sewerage
- Please note that all areas, measurements and distances given in these particulars are approximate and rounded. The text, photographs and floor plans are for general guidance only. Mr & Mrs Clarke ltd. has not tested any services, appliances or specific fittings — prospective purchasers are advised to inspect the property themselves. All fixtures, fittings and furniture not specifically itemised within these particulars are deemed removable by the vendor.