Mr Clarke thinks :
You’ll feel as though every day is a restful vacation here.
Four luxury bedrooms, three stylish bathrooms, an open plan kitchen, a quiet study, a luxurious living room, bespoke Amtico flooring, private, gated land and a sizeable veranda make Westwinds a single storey bolt-hole for transformative bungalow living.
This home seeks out the sun and enjoys that cosy bungalow vibe but with more light, more space and a little extra nature. Every space in this home is on a level playing field. The layout, with four bedrooms and three bathrooms, means that all of the rooms are enveloped in a charming surrounding view. The main bedroom boasts glorious sunny doors out into the garden.
This secluded rear garden is spacious and very private, with a gated curved driveway that starts your home journey in style and ends in the lush greenery and established foliage of the main garden space.
Inside, space gets top-billing in this cast list of impressive features. It is airy yet warm, meaning relaxation is always on the cards. With two reception rooms and ample outdoor space, there are multiple dining and entertaining opportunities here.
Where all bedrooms sit at the front of the property, the kitchen diner, with it’s large welcoming ‘gather for goodness’ feel, sits beyond the front door. It is infused with light at every angle and, once beyond the interior threshold, you step out on the veranda which stretches the width of the back of the house. Escape to the country? This certainly feels like it.
Mrs Clarke loves :
That veranda looking out onto your private slice of garden heaven.
An electric AGA cooker, bespoke Amtico flooring, space for an American style sub-zero fridge freezer, and a peninsula worktop and sink space (looking out onto that lush lawn) completes this space. In this hub you can recline into a chunky sofa, sit at the grandest of dining tables, or prop up the bar. The kitchen diner is versatile and accessible for all styles of living. A separate utility sits prettily alongside it.
Into the lounge space, you’re greeted by a log burner and yet another beautiful opening onto the garden. This really is a home that beckons you to enjoy the manicured outdoors. The rooms have been devised to lend themselves to modern day living; there is a study (work from home vibes have never been more real) and extended and renovated into the garage space there now sits a gym - with a view, but of course.
The bedrooms are where the luxuries of living come into play. Generous en suites are gifted to two and for the other two large bedrooms, a shared shower room, beautifully fitted, is the option. The main bathroom has a wondrous rainfall shower in the walk-in space and a big ol’ tub for your rubber duck.
Whilst inside there are no stairs, outside it’s all apples and pears (excuse the Cockney rhyming slang), you are resplendent in nature, complete with vegetable patch, trees and bushes that are established and elevate that private feeling and fruit trees for your picking.
- Three words : Location. Space. Entertaining.
Our favourite part
The dual aspect main bedroom lets the outside in.
Wythall has a the best of both worlds - a bit of town with a real villagey vibe. There are all the local things you crave like a corner shop, cafe, post office, country walks and lovely people, and yet you are minutes from Solihull and can be whizzing into Brum on the local train.
For families, the schools are highly rated (3 Primary schools, Meadow Green, Coppice & Tidbury Green and the secondary school Woodrush). Cock Moors Woods is a local leisure centre nearby with a swimming pool, gym etc. Blythe valley another local leisure facility and varioos golf course all nearby.
There are lots of social activites. If you are a fan of the local pub (an who isn't) there are lots to choose from - The Red Lion, Reservoir, Bulls Head, Packhorse, White Swan, Peacock & Weatheroak. If you are more into an active lifestyle then Wythall Park hosts various events throughout the year, Bowls club, Tennis Club and Woodrush hosts various clubs like Zumba & keep fit.
A bit of town and a bit of country
- Closest village/town: Earlswood
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Beckett’s Farm is very well equipped and a local landmark.
- Supermarket: There is a Waitrose and Morrisons in Solihull, a Tesco in Hollywood and a Sainsbury's nearby. I'd just do home-delivery!
- Pubs: Rose and Crown, Red Lion, Bulls Head, Packhorse, White Swan, Peacock & Weatheroak. Lots!
- Walks: Endless countryside walks of all distances on your doorstep.
- Tenure: Freehold.
- Setting: Very private and secure.
- Living Spaces: Open plan dining room with kitchen. Electric AGA oven, plenty of worktop space, American style fridge freezer & integrated dishwasher. Bespoke Amtico flooring throughout kitchen. Separate laundry room. Living room with log burner. All spaces have access to garden.
- Bedrooms: Main bedroom with en-suite bath and walk-in shower with rain head. Further ensuite bedroom and further two double bedrooms with shared shower room.
- Outdoors: Double garage with multipurpose room attached with separate entrance - currently used as a gym. Rear garden with lawn and shrubbery.
- Parking: Impressive driveway with space for multiple cars.
- Tech Spec: CCTV, remote control security gates, property is fully alarmed.
- Services: Connected to mains.