Mr Clarke thinks :
A great home in a great location.
This wonderful detached property with large south facing garden, moments from the heart of Knowle, has been extended and cleverly re-configured to provide discerning house hunters a great family home. There is lots more potential to extend further.
The modern family in these new times need several things - large outdoor space, flexible space for home working and homework, close to great schools and a feeling of safety. Willowbank has all of these, plus much more.
Downstairs the property is divided into kitchen, dining room, playroom/study and a large living room. There is also a big utility space and an internal garage making this property practical as well as stylish. We think there is a great opportunity to extend the kitchen and open it up into the dining room to make a luxury open-plan space.
The lounge is a vast space and is flooded with natural light from the bay window. This is a wonderful entertaining space. The playroom/study is the ideal room to set up as a home office or it could be designed to have multiple uses for the whole family. The Farrow and Ball painted walls are ideal for a Zoom backdrop!
Mrs Clarke loves :
The potential to extend.
Upstairs you find four great bedrooms. The main bedroom has fitted wardrobes and a shower en-suite. The second bedroom is a great double, as is bedroom three, whilst bedroom four is a great single. The family bathroom has a bath with shower.
Outside, the large garden is surrounded by mature borders holding bountiful flora, designed to bloom at different times for a wonderful variety of colours throughout the year.
Willowbank Road is within walking distance of Knowle and Dorridge and is moments from Solihull in one direction and the Warwickshire countryside in the other. It is the perfect family house with lots of potential, it's in a semi-rural location and it's for sale...
- Three words : Large. Stylish. Location.
Our favourite part
The south facing garden
A modern town with charm
Knowle is a charming town steeped in history and full of busy modern life. There are a whole host of uber cool bars, cafes, restaurants and shops and just about all the amenities you could wish for. Not to mention the tip top and seriously sort after schools, both private and state options.
There is plenty to keep kids entertained from scouts and guides, drama and tennis clubs, cricket, golf and football teams and every activity in between. The yummy mummies love coffee (or maybe the gin) at Oktagon and the friendly vibe and stunning goods at The Bread Collection. The chaps now have The Ale Rooms, a new craft beer hangout for the discerning drinker. Knowle is no longer just a High Street...
There are some lovely canal-side walks to help you blow out the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble. Mrs Clarke loves the fact that she can brunch with friends in one of the lovely cafes before they set off for a brisk walk to burn off the calories.
Car, Bus and Rail Transport connections are excellent. Knowle is just minutes away from the
Midlands Motorway Network with the M42 having links to the M1, M5, M6 and the M40, 1.5 miles from Dorridge Train Station and 6 miles from Birmingham Airport. Solihull is a mere 10 minute drive for retail therapy heaven.
A bustling High Street, a cracking Artisan Boulangerie, a super cool Gin Bar and National Trust walks on your doorstep. What more could you ask for?
- Closest village/town: Dorridge and Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Bread Collection for Artisan bread, fine pastries and fabulous filter coffee
- Supermarket: Tesco Metro and just 3.5 miles from Waitrose, Solihull darling
- Pubs: Oktogon, Ale Rooms and The Vault
- Walks: National Houses: Baddesley Clinton or Packwood House are both a great stroll from Knowle or if you fancy a canalside walk, there’s Knowle Locks just an 11 minute walk from the High Street.
- Kitchen -- Galley kitchen big enough to 2 people. Counter top is a great for breakfast for children or as a drinks surface when entertaining. 5 gas hob with double oven (fan).
- Living Spaces -- Play room- previous extension. Really spacious and easily able to accommodate multiple children to avoid toys spilling out into the rest of the house. Lounge- good size, bay window. Dining room- can seat 10 quite comfortably. Sliding patio doors with snap lock.
- Sleeping Rooms -- Master has fitted wardrobes, a basin and a hidden shower. Potential for easy conversion to en-suite. Spare room is a good sized double room. Nice and bright. Room 3 is a small double Room 4 is a decent sized single
- Practical Areas -- Downstairs toilet and utility room. Internal garage.
- Outside -- Exterior wood work all recently redecorated. Back garden is a well established garden with plenty of lawn space for ball games and patio for al fresco dining. The beds have different flora intended to bloom at different times of the year to give constantly changing colour. (Lovely purple magnolia tree) The front garden is easy maintenance but has a lovely long lavender bush that is beautiful when in bloom. Double driveway with space for 3 cars
- Fibre broadband
- Mains services