Mr Clarke thinks :
I have always wanted an AGA!
Situated on Windy Arbour, moments from Kenilworth town centre, you find this perfectly proportioned three bedroom Victorian home. There are two large reception rooms, a modern country kitchen with bifold doors leading out to the stunning garden where you find a patio, hot tub, lawn and the obligatory feature for any discerning family - an architecturally designed garden office.
Park the car on the gravel drive, head towards the immaculate original porch, past the lavender hedge and step inside this wonderful home. The moment you are inside there is a sense of light and warmth. When you are standing on the Minton tiled entrance porch you appreciate the wonderful mix of original features and modern vibes created by the stylish renovations and cleverly conceived alterations.
As you look around you appreciate the way the home has retained character but has been re-modelled to cope with the rigours of modern life. The walls are adorned with Farrow and Ball paint, there are luxurious touches everywhere you look, craftsmanship at every point and high end appliances, all of which make this place feel like the pages of Pintrest - we love it.
The layout suits every season - children can be running in and out to the garden or you can be curled up with a book whilst the log burner radiates heat in colder months. The large living room is an elegant family space and the dining room can be set up for entertaining or as a second reception room.
The breakfast kitchen is flooded with natural light from the lantern above and the bifold doors. Adults seem to gravitate to the fully-reconditioned 1950’s AGA whilst supper is cooking and lean against it whilst having a glass of wine and gazing out to the garden. The quartz worktops and newly fitted Chippendale cabinets add a modern country vibe that suits the space perfectly.
Mrs Clarke enjoys :
The garden studio gives me the escape I crave/need.
Upstairs there are two double bedrooms with period fireplaces and a third bedroom, which could always make a work from home space or children's bedroom. It’s peaceful up here. The family bathroom is finished to an excellent quality, and boasts a traditional vibe. Something which we love is the clever use of storage around this home; even the landing has built in cupboards which neatly store away board games, clothes and all the things you don’t want in sight.
The outside is just as impressive as the interior. Head through a pretty wooden side gate to discover the garden. The patio has been recently installed to connect the inside space with the delightful private garden. There are pockets of mature trees, packed borders and a lush lawn - this garden oasis is ideal for entertaining, playtime, relaxing and working... At the bottom of the garden you’ll find a modern office (guest room or movie room) with air conditioning, ultra fast broadband, integrated blinds and finished to a high spec. We can't wait to host an open mic night; there's a built in projector here perfect for a karaoke evening. Every home should have one. There is a Dutch barn style dog house for your fido or if you aren't a doggy person it could be a chicken coop. When you really need to relax there is a brand new Jacuzzi hot tub ready for action - don't you wish you'd lived here during lockdown?
- Vibe : Historic Kenilworth locale within walking distance everything.
- Three words : Location. Character. Practical.
Our favourite part
The character and flow from home to garden.
Trendy cocktail bars and Waitrose
It’s really well connected, with Birmingham airport just 20 minutes away and should you need to bob along to London, it’s just over an hour from Coventry station. Being a short walk away from the train station linking Kenilworth with Coventry, Leamington and then the wider rail network. You are also only only a short walk away from Waitrose, The Kenilworth cocktail lounge, The Almanack, Indian Edge and Talisman Square.
With a further hop and step… You can be eating supper at Michelin starred The Cross. You can be drinking a pint at Kenilworth’s oldest pub The Virgin & Castle.
Kenilworth High Street boasts banks galore, numerous coffee houses, bundles of restaurants, funky bars, fantastic schools for kiddly winks of all ages, a Waitrose, Boots and a weekly farmers market that dishes up some delicious local produce. Mr Clarke is particularly fond of the high percentage of pubs all within wobbling distance of each other.
Kenilworth is surrounded by breath-taking countryside and some lovely walks are on hand to help you blow off the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble. We particularly like the walk from Kenilworth Castle to the Alpaca Farm “Faerie-Tale Alpacas”. Not to mention the next level park, Abbey Fields.
There’s a super friendly community spirit in Kenilworth too and you’ll always find something in the calendar to enjoy. It could be the annual bonfire and fireworks display that draws in thousands of folk. Or the annual duck race on Boxing Day (no, not real ducks). All in all, it’s a place you’ll feel at home.
Psst...Join The Warwickshire Country Club (the sauna is soooo relaxing.)
A town with a rural feel
- Closest village/town: Surrounded by pretty countryside
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: There's a butchers, a bakers and probably a candle stick makers on the High Street.
- Supermarket: Waitrose. Of course.
- Pubs: So many. The Kenilworth for a cocktail. The Queen & Castle for a pint. The Almanack for a coffee or Gin.
- Walks: Around the castle on a summer evening is beautiful.
- Design Features: period, character, modern finish. Farrow & Ball paint throughout. Newly fitted central heating system with period style radiators.
- Original Character: exposed beams and features throughout. Minton tiled recessed porch.
- Kitchen Details: 1950’s AGA converted from gas to electric with timer control. Newly fitted Chippendale kitchen units with granite worktops, integrated dish washer & washing machine, brand new Neff “slide & hide” oven, 12 bottle wine cooler and CDA American fridge freezer.
- Sleeping Spaces: 2 doubles and a single. Fitted wardrobes in main bedroom. Single fitted wardrobe in second bedroom.
- Bathroom Specifications: half tiled with roll top bath. Bathstore accredited install. Part of the “Savoy” range and matching units in the downstairs cloakroom.
- Garden: original brick built well with wooden guard. Doggy Dutch barn. Brand new top of the range "Jacuzzi" hot tub and fully contained office space. Summer house style shed.
- Broadband: Ultra Fast.
- Technology: modern boiler (2019) – Air conditioned office – Modern reconditioned AGA.
- Tenure: freehold.