Mr Clarke says :
The quality of the property is excellent and Rowington has a cracking pub within walking distance
Woodlands Cottage is a beautiful property in the picturesque Warwickshire village of Rowington. The cottage is tucked away on the extremely desirable Mill Lane making this a very special place to call home. The Cottage has been fully re-designed and painstakingly developed to create the perfect country home with an enviable address.
As you walk along the path and through the beautiful garden, the idyllic country home reveals itself.
Head inside, through the open oak porch, take off your coat and take in the vast open space of the light and airy hallway with its beautifully designed galleried landing. You then come to the heart of the home; the kitchen. There are windows to both sides, allowing the fresh air to blow through on a spring day. The original chimney breast houses a stainless steel Rangemaster oven, which provides a stunning contrast to the oak beams and hand painted Eastburn Country Furniture kitchen. The farmhouse table sits perfectly in the centre of the room providing plenty of space for family and friends on a Sunday.
The large but cosy lounge, with its knotted oak floor, log burning fire and wonderful countryside view feels exactly how “home” should feel.
For the rest of the details about this gorgeous home visit mrandmrsclarke.com
Mrs Clarke says :
The home feels like stepping into the pages of an interior design magazine.
Head upstairs where you’ll find a super sized master bedroom with 4 windows overlooking 3 sides of the garden and spectacular views beyond. This room could easily be made into two decent sized rooms creating a third bedroom. The second bedroom is a generous size too.
There’s a family bathroom with a stunning cast iron bath that’s perfectly positioned for bubble bath heavenly views of the meadows beyond. There are plantation shutters providing privacy when needed and a large rainfall shower and enclosure.
The lovely shaped raised ceilings, clever uneven plaster work around the windows and old school style radiators all add great character to the upstairs rooms.
- Style : Modern Country Home
- Lifestyle : Spring days are spent pottering in the garden and cooking up a lunch for family and friends.
- Highlights : The garden is beautiful. The setting idyllic. The home immaculate.
Our favourite part
Mrs Clarke adores the garden and the peaceful setting whilst Mr Clarke loves being a short walk from the friendly local pub.
A proper village. Two Pubs & Beautiful Countryside
Rowington is a great village tucked away in the beautifulWarwickshire countryside. But it’s certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 20 minutes away, zipping along to London from Lapworth Station or zooming down the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say supper’s ready.
If it is Birmingham you are wanting to get to, then Lapworth station runs regular services to all Birmingham stations. The local school and nursery are crackers. There is a lovely village hall, tennis courts and miles and miles of lovely walks.
That’s the boring stuff done! Did I mention the pub? The Tom O The Wood is a Mr Clarke favourite. Charlie, the landlady is charming and Chris, the chef is a genius - his steak and kidney pudding is a thing of beauty. Boris the pub dog will meet you at the door and show you to your table for Pie Night on a Thursday and Fish & Chip Friday.
Everyone is friendly around here. "It is a proper village" said one particularly well dressed local gent at the pub. How very country!
Pull on your wellies and enjoy the countryside.
- Closest village/town: Lapworth, Shrewley & Lowsonford
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: DJ at Lapworth store is a top chap
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth or Sainsburys, Warwick
- Pubs: Tom O' The Wood (Great ale and Pie Night is a must)
- Walks: Miles and miles of canals and footpaths.
- Complete renovation -- Rewired, replumbed inc. replacement pipework, water tanks, wet underfloor heating downstairs, radiators upstairs and electric underfloor heating to bathroom, replastered throughout, roof insulation, new staircase and galleried landing, new bathroom, R9 windows, bespoke solid hardwood front door, alarm system, oak porch, upstairs ceilings raised, limestone floor to downstairs and engineered oak flooring to lounge and garden room.
- Front Entrance -- Oak porch with covered log store to side. Reclaimed limestone patio. Solid hardwood front door with pewter furniture. Pewter finish porch light.
- Hallway -- Limestone floor with underfloor heating. Staircase and galleried landing. Dual aspect and dormer window, all R9 double glazed. Chandelier lighting and zoned spotlights. Door leading to WC. Door leading to Utility. Door leading to kitchen.
- WC -- WC, sink, R9 double glazed window with plantation shutter. Limestone floor and underfloor heating.
- Utility -- Low and eye level units, oak worktop, Belfast sink with stainless steel mixer tap. Room for washing machine and tumble dryer. Storage space for utilitarian goods inc ironing board and washing basket etc. Limestone floor with underfloor heating. R9 double glazed window with plantation shutter. Boiler cupboard.
- Kitchen -- (12’11” x 13’4”) Eastburn Country Furniture handmade bespoke kitchen to include low level unit and drawers with pewter door furniture, larder cupboard, made to measure alcove cupboard all painted in Farrow and Ball Ammonite. Pale grey Dekton worktop. Belfast Sink and Perrin & Rowe Deck Mounted Tap. Rangemaster Oven set within original chimney breast with overhead concealed extractor, Oak beam surround and white clay fired brick laid tiling. 3 x R9 Double glazed windows. Limestone floor and underfloor heating. Spotlights on dimmer switches.
- Lounge -- (12'11" x 18’6”) 2 x R9 double glazed windows to each side of original brick and oak beam fireplace with large log burner. Engineered Oak Floor and underfloor heating. Zoned spotlights on dimmer switches.
- Garden Room -- (12’11” x 12’11”) Double glazed hardwood windows and patio doors leading to garden. Engineered Oak floor and underfloor heating. Zoned Spotlights on dimmer switches.
- Stairs and Landing -- Staircase leading to galleried landing overlooking hallway. R9 Dormer window. Banister rail and spindles. New grey wool carpet.
- Master Bedroom -- (12’11" x 17’11”) 4 x R9 double glazed windows. Two old school style radiators. New grey wool carpet.
- Bedroom Two -- (12’11" x 9'11”) R9 double glazed window overlooking front garden and drive. Radiator. New grey wool carpet.
- Bathroom -- Traditional Victorian style pedestal sink and WC. Millbrook Cast Iron Bath from The Cast Iron Bath Company with cradle shower head. Rainfall water pressure shower with Matki shower enclosure and tray, 2 R9 double glazed windows with plantation shutters. Old school style radiator and heated towel rail. Fired Earth ceramic plank floor tiles with electric under floor heating.
- Garden -- South facing with sun on garden all day and evening. 1/3 acre grounds. Landscaped with large lawn, hedgerows and open fencing to meadow. Mature trees. Several patio areas. 2 sheds. External lighting including an old street lantern.
- Outbuilding -- Heritage Outbuilding with lockable and open side. Lockable side currently used for storage but could be converted to use as home office. Open side currently used as car port but could have doors added for further storage or home office space. Drive -- Tarmac drive with parking for at least 5 vehicles.
- Services – Mains Water and Sewerage, Electricity and Oil. Tenure -- Freehold. Broadband -- Super fast broadband available (available speed up to approximately 76Mbps). Local authority Warwick District Council. Council Tax Band F. Postcode –CV35 7DQ