Mr Clarke likes :
The stunning interior and huge garden.
This stunning five-bedroom house is positioned in Blackdown, a much loved neighbourhood within walking distance of the Regency splendour of Leamington Spa. Built in 1928, the house is set in a beautiful one acre garden that sweeps around the property and overlooks open fields. In recent years the home has been the subject of major architectural refurbishment, which has resulted in a truly contemporary approach to space, volume and light. This is the perfect family home.
A series of expansive living, entertaining and practical spaces now flow through the ground & lower ground floor and five generous bedroom suites occupy the floor above; in total nearly 4000 sq ft of accommodation stretching across three storeys. A wonderful expanse of garden wraps around the house to the rear, flush with pockets of willow and oak trees, a babbling stream, several sitting areas and space for play and relaxation.
Whilst the facade is classical in style, the interior is unmistakably modern. The home is cleverly divided into a mix of vast open-plan rooms and intimate privates spaces with flexibility to handle the needs of the whole family.
The stylish renovations create a home made for entertaining - be it in warmer months when you can swing open the bi-fold doors off the kitchen/living room and spill out onto the outdoor dining area while children explore the woods at the bottom of the garden, or in colder climes when the vast sitting room can host get-togethers or movie nights with the warmth of the fire.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The mix of open plan spaces and private rooms. I can entertain and work from home.
The result of the recent work is an elegant blend between the respect for the original building and the demands of twenty-first century family life. The highlight of the home is the kitchen that is as hard working as it is beautiful. The large island is the hub of the cooking space and from where you can perch for breakfast whilst looking out across the garden. There is a dining area and a sitting area so the whole family can be in this one space but doing there own thing. The room is flooded with natural light from the addition of wide glass doors and an internal glazed wall.
Careful interior planning optimises the space upstairs - a generously proportioned landing separates the four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Each of the bedrooms are wonderfully spacious to ensure children, guests and the homeowners are happy. The beautifully light main bedroom with bespoke cabinetry, an en-suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe is more like a hotel suite than a normal bedroom.
The property is accessed via electric gates and there is extensive parking at the front. The large garage provides outside storage or could be used as a workshop. The gardens have been completely landscaped to make the most of the huge tiered corner plot. A new 90sqm decking area houses a heated pool, trampoline and tree-house, although this would make a wonderful sun deck for entertaining. The kitchen is connected to another decking area with stunning bucolic views. The lower ground floor has French doors that open onto the garden, which makes that level feel separate from the rest of the home - we think it would make an ideal annexe for Granny or a Nanny, or for older children returning home.
- History : Built in 1928.
- Modern Day : Fully re-modelled internally and landscaped externally.
- Family Vibes : Heated swimming pool and space for trampoline, treehouse and outdoor kitchen.
- Three words : Perfect. Family. Home.
Local Life in Leamington
Royal Leamington Spa, or Leam as we Leamingtonians like to call our beloved town, has the lot... tree lined avenues, hip and happening social scene, pretty parks, great schools and great coffee shops. Leam has it all.
Leamington’s streets of Regency town houses, which equal those of Cheltenham’s or Brighton’s in my humble opinion, are full of gorgeous homes and friendly people. There is a grand sense down every street.
Well connected? Leamington is super well connected. The M40 nips past to Birmingham, Oxford and London; Stratford-upon-Avon and Coventry are a 20-min drive away; Birmingham 40 mins.
The town has emerged as one of the Midland’s most highly regarded places to live for families who love the schools and activities, as well as young singles and couple who love the bar, restaurant and cultural scene.
If you like shopping, you will love the town centre’s mixed independent shops and High Street chains.
Mrs Clarke loves the boutique feel of the town centre, with its mix of hipster coffee shops like The Larder and the gorgeous shops like Thrills of The Emporium, Collective and Farrow & Ball. The High Street has all the big names and then there is the M&S food hall.
Mr Clarke has a few favourites of his own. His personal tailor at Clements & Church, a pint at The Pug; breakfast at Haddie & Trilbie or Coffee Architects; lunch at Nana's when he needs to impress Mrs C.
Education options include Arnold Lodge & Kingsley School For Girls, which are good independent schooling options, and excellent state primary (St. Peter's) close by. Secondary schools (Myton, Trinity, North. Leam). Leamington College and Warwick University
Tree lined avenues, great shops and a buzzing social scene. What more could you want?
- Closest village/town: Lots of lovely countryside on your doorstep
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lots of great independent shops and great High Street names
- Supermarket: All of them!
- Pubs: The Fat Pug and The Star & Garter are our favourites
- Walks: Along the river Leam and through the leafy parks
- Ground Floor: Wide entrance hall leading to large open plan shaker kitchen, snug & dining area. Downdraft extractor hob, 3 in 1 kettle tap and two Neff slide & hide ovens. Bifold doors lead onto a patio area. Large lounge with Inglenock fireplace. Bifold doors lead onto conservatory. Stairs into the conservatory lead down to large playroom. Utility & Cloakroom.
- Lower Ground Floor: Bedroom with own access leading onto patio area through French doors and ensuite bathroom. Family room.
- Upstairs: 4 large double bedrooms. 3 bedrooms have built in wardrobes. Main bedroom has ensuite bathroom. All bathrooms are fully refitted & tiled to a very high standard. Two bathrooms have his & hers vanity unit sinks.
- Outside: One acre garden with two decked areas, woodland and stream.
- Design Features: Design features - Bifold doors from Kitchen to Indian sand stone patio, Internal glazed walls, Dovre Inglenook fireplace, Shaker kitchen design with large island, heated swimming pool, Bespoke staircase.
- Home tech: Hive Heating, Hot water heated & electricity generated by solar panels (4kWh 12 panel solar installation). New boiler.
- Outbuildings: Double Garage, Greenhouse, Sheds.
- Tenure: Freehold.
- Services: Gas heating, Solar powered hot water, private waste services.